Windows 10: Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...

Discus and support Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time my PC updates my desktop wallpaper goes back to default, and all saved icons, favorites, passwords, etc are gone. Every. Single. Time. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by telattt, Feb 12, 2020.

1. telattt Win User

Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...

Every time my PC updates my desktop wallpaper goes back to default, and all saved icons, favorites, passwords, etc are gone. Every. Single. Time. This is getting tiring and I'm losing so much time at work saving my icons again, paswords, etc. What is going on? Also keeps changing my default printer even when the box is left un-checked, when the computer updates and restarts the box will be checked. Its almost as if the computer is set back to default after every update. Please help. I've tried quite a few things to fix and no luck.

:)

telattt, Feb 12, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Nisko Win User
    Can't delete icon from my desktop

Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions?

Nisko, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...

1. Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,... - Similar Threads - Every Updates deletes

2. My all of my desktop icons will turn white every time I start windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My all of my desktop icons will turn white every time I start windows 11: When I start windows 11 the screen comes up but, in a minute, or so they will all turn white blank. I then have to restart explorer and they will come back but after awhile they go back to white. I have tried every thing I can find about the issue. delete the icon cache,...
  3. My all of my desktop icons will turn white every time I start windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My all of my desktop icons will turn white every time I start windows 11: When I start windows 11 the screen comes up but, in a minute, or so they will all turn white blank. I then have to restart explorer and they will come back but after awhile they go back to white. I have tried every thing I can find about the issue. delete the icon cache,...
  4. Windows updates & all of my pictures turn to icons every time!

Windows updates & all of my pictures turn to icons every time!: Every time windows updates the pictures in my folders turn to icons. I have over 300 folders with many pictures. I have to go through every folder and do this:1. left click on the picture to bring up the properties menu2. go to customize.3. check mark the "also apply to all...
  5. Windows updates & all of my pictures turn to icons every time!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates & all of my pictures turn to icons every time!: Every time windows updates the pictures in my folders turn to icons. I have over 300 folders with many pictures. I have to go through every folder and do this:1. left click on the picture to bring up the properties menu2. go to customize.3. check mark the "also apply to all...
  6. Windows updates & all of my pictures turn to icons every time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?: Looking at the new Windows 11, it looks like it turns your PC into a tablet. I'm trying to find info on what will happen to my, currently around 100, desktop icons after upgrading? I prefer to do the in-place upgrade rather than a fresh install, but I have many icons for app...
  8. Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?: Looking at the new Windows 11, it looks like it turns your PC into a tablet. I'm trying to find info on what will happen to my, currently around 100, desktop icons after upgrading? I prefer to do the in-place upgrade rather than a fresh install, but I have many icons for app...
  9. Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart: Exactly as it says on the tin. I updated my Windows last night after incessant prompting and I log back in today to see that all of my files are gone. Everything I have tried to restore them doesn't work (I have tried everything so please don't give me tips on how to deal...
  10. Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time: What can I do to prevent Windows 10 updates from disabling my Taskbar toolbars? It is such a waste of time to reset my toolbars after every Windows 10 update!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peter1986c