Windows 10: Every update turns off my internet connection?

Discus and support Every update turns off my internet connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (Windows 10 Home x64, v2004) Every time a Windows update occurs, my Internet connection is lost. I have to restart a second time to bring it back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cbiweb, Sep 8, 2020.

1. cbiweb Win User

Every update turns off my internet connection?

(Windows 10 Home x64, v2004)

Every time a Windows update occurs, my Internet connection is lost. I have to restart a second time to bring it back. This only happens on one machine ("First PC" in System Specs).

Is there a way to fix this, or is it something I have to live with?

:)

cbiweb, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

windows 10 version 1709 update no internet connection

Thank you for updating us with the outcome. For us to further isolate the issue and provide the appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to the Internet or when trying to search using your browser?
    • When you tried updating the drivers from the Device Manager, did you see an exclamation mark under your Network adapter?

In the meantime, we suggest turning Off your modem/router for 5 minutes then turn it back
    On. Then, run the Network troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Open Cortana, type in Network troubleshooter, then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      from the list of results.

• Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Gramps Win User
    Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Every update turns off my internet connection?

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Every update turns off my internet connection?

1. Every update turns off my internet connection? - Similar Threads - Every update turns

2. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  3. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  4. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  5. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  6. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Internet connection keeps turning itself off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection keeps turning itself off?: I run several PC's in my home.a desktop and 3 laptops all running Windows 10 1909 fully updated. My internet for these is run from a router connected to my desktop PC and wirelessly to all 3 laptops (Via Sky). The desktop and 2 laptops run without a problem, but the 3rd...
  8. My internet is turning off

My internet is turning off: Okay so, I have a windows 10 and its fine its just that whenever I connect to the internet it works for a while before it says lost connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect all over again (The internet it always on though) as im writing this the internet has gone off...
  9. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...
  10. Internet connection turns off every day

Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...