Windows 10: Every version of Paint

Discus and support Every version of Paint in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/human1s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ot8zlo/every_version_of_paint/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/human1s, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Every version of Paint

/u/human1s, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2021
  3. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Every version of Paint

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Every version of Paint

1. Every version of Paint - Similar Threads - Every version Paint

2. newest version of PAINT not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    newest version of PAINT not working properly: The newest version of PAINT 11.2309.28.0 was installed on my last update. I am running:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎6/‎2022 OS build 22621.2506 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0 The PAINT program works fine EXCEPT when I...
  3. newest version of PAINT not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    newest version of PAINT not working properly: The newest version of PAINT 11.2309.28.0 was installed on my last update. I am running:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎6/‎2022 OS build 22621.2506 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0 The PAINT program works fine EXCEPT when I...
  4. The new version of Paint is missing the 'layers' button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new version of Paint is missing the 'layers' button.: I've tried to repair it, and reset it, and uninstall and reinstall it - and every time, there's nothing there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-version-of-paint-is-missing-the-layers/279f1adb-e227-4185-afd7-74cba934821a
  5. The new version of Paint is missing the 'layers' button.

The new version of Paint is missing the 'layers' button.: I've tried to repair it, and reset it, and uninstall and reinstall it - and every time, there's nothing there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-version-of-paint-is-missing-the-layers/279f1adb-e227-4185-afd7-74cba934821a
  6. pre windows 10 version of paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pre windows 10 version of paint: Old version of paint disappears when I am working in it in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-windows-10-version-of-paint/34143d98-91fa-4be6-96d5-09df39202c34
  7. pre windows 10 version of paint

pre windows 10 version of paint: Old version of paint disappears when I am working in it in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-windows-10-version-of-paint/34143d98-91fa-4be6-96d5-09df39202c34
  8. Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version

Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version: Okay, so a bit of an odd question (in 3 parts) Part 1 I DON'T like the new version of MS Paint - where the TAB doesn't tab text in a text box but flips around the text box 'handles', nor do I like the acceleration of a selection box when using the cursor keys to move a...
  9. Problems with new version of Paint (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.239)

Problems with new version of Paint (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.239): Immediately upon updating my PC to Windows 10, version 1903 (which was a forced update from Microsoft), my paint application developed an insufficiency. I can no longer select a small portion of the image with the "Select" tool and drag it. This creates a great inconvenience...
  10. Every OTHER Windows Version....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every OTHER Windows Version....: Why does every other version release of Windows always seem to be significantly better than the last? Since Windows 3.11 - I have noticed this peculiar pattern: Windows 3.11 - GREAT Windows95 - Meh Win98 - GREAT Windows 2000 - Meh Windows XP - GREAT Windows Vista -...