Windows 10: every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??

Discus and support every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all Is it me or has W10 H2 degraded the virtual desktop feature? Let me explain the current situation. - I have two virtual desktops let’s call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andytheo080, Mar 5, 2021.

1. every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??

Hi all

Is it me or has W10 H2 degraded the virtual desktop feature?

Let me explain the current situation.

- I have two virtual desktops let’s call them desktopA and desktopB.

- From within desktopA I open apps appA1, appA2 and appA3.

- From within desktopB, I open apps appB1 and appB2.

On the taskbar from *whatever* desktop I’m in, I see apps appA1,appA2, appA3, appB1 and appB2.

When I’m on a given desktop, I only want to see the apps I’veopened from within that desktop

:)

andytheo080, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Derty Win User

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Mar 5, 2021
  3. crionsynx Win User
    virtual desktops

Click the Task View button beside the search box/icon in the taskbar.

Click +Desktop to add Virtual Desktop

Hover your mouse to Desktop1 to show list of open Windows

Drag and drop each Windows to target virtual desktop

crionsynx, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Right click on a particular thumbnail and uncheck the appropriate item:

every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why?? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??

1. every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why?? - Similar Threads - every virtual desktop

2. Every Microsoft app is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Microsoft app is unresponsive: HP desktop, Windows 10, all updates are complete. When my computer boots, I get an error message saying Windows Defender isn't running, and to "click here" to repair it. I click and get a message saying I need a new app to install the Windows Defender link. I click on most...
  3. 0xc002001b in store in every app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0xc002001b in store in every app: I keep getting this error code 0xc002001b I tried to log out and log back in check proxy and time and date but still the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc002001b-in-store-in-every-app/118bc6de-3700-4d06-a287-09c6926c0f7e
  4. 0xc002001b in store in every app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc002001b in store in every app: I keep getting this error code 0xc002001b I tried to log out and log back in check proxy and time and date but still the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc002001b-in-store-in-every-app/118bc6de-3700-4d06-a287-09c6926c0f7e
  5. Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops: I know how to show a window in all desktops when using virtual desktops, but what I want is to show a window in SOME virtual desktops. EX: I want desktop 1 to be my web browser. I want desktop 2 and 3 to be a powerpoint presentation. EX: I want desktop 1 to be presenter...
  6. Virtual desktops problem - word projecting on every one

Virtual desktops problem - word projecting on every one: I like to use virtual desktops. Ever since word crashed yesterday, whenever I open a word document, it projects that same document across every virtual desktop (so if I switch desktops, the word document is still there). When I go to task view, I see the same word doc...
  7. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  8. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...
  9. Excel file shows on every desktop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel file shows on every desktop: No other program does this, but if I have an Excel 2003 document open, it will show on every virtual desktop (usually). This is especially odd since the window is showing and can be used, but there is not icon for it on the taskbar (unless you are on the "correct" desktop for...
  10. From “A PC on every desktop” to “Deep Learning in every software”

in Windows 10 News
    From “A PC on every desktop” to “Deep Learning in every software”: Deep learning is behind many recent breakthroughs in Artificial Intelligence, including speech recognition, language understanding and computer vision. At Microsoft, it is changing customer experience in many of our applications and services, including Cortana, Bing, Office...