Windows 10: Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop

Discus and support Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every single time Win 10 has an update, it dumps every single CV card for every contact in outlook onto my desktop, which in my case totals over 3,000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJRogers925, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop

Every single time Win 10 has an update, it dumps every single CV card for every contact in outlook onto my desktop, which in my case totals over 3,000 CV cards. I then have to spend quite a bit of time deleting them off of the desktop. I have written Microsoft many times for a resolution, but here I am, again, deleting. I truly hate Microsoft and as soon as I can, I'm switcing to Linux

:)

JJRogers925, Jul 2, 2019
  2. FredEEW Win User

Import contacts cvs file into Windows 10 people app

The suggested list of subjects were interesting, but I need to have one that is specific to Windows 10.

I'm running Outlook 2010 and I've exported the contacts list to a CVS file. At this point I try to follow the directions, but keep running into options in the people app that allow me to export but not to import. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

FredEEW, Jul 2, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 2, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop

1. Every Win 10 update Dumps all of my contacts' CV cards on the desktop - Similar Threads - Every update Dumps

2. Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone: Can anything be done to bring the desktop version of Contacts to the same level of sophistication as Contacts on an iPhone? The iPhone version has the clever, and helpful "lists" facility and is just all-round more user friendly...
  3. Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.: Running Win 10 Home 1909. The Fax and Scan does not show any contacts. I exported my Outlook contacts and it downloaded to the downloads folder but will not import to my Contacts folder. My mail account shows I have contacts from Outlook but they do not show up when I use Fax...
  4. Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10

Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10: A couple of days ago I had to delete and then reinstall Outlook 365 into my computer. For some reason known only to the god of technology and someone who knows a lot more than I do!, I lost my address book in Outlook when I reinstalled Outlook 365. However, when I attempt...
  5. Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time Windows 10 Updates, it deletes all saved desktop icons, clears my taskbar,...: Every time my PC updates my desktop wallpaper goes back to default, and all saved icons, favorites, passwords, etc are gone. Every. Single. Time. This is getting tiring and I'm losing so much time at work saving my icons again, paswords, etc. What is going on? Also keeps...
  6. desktop contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop contacts: I am trying to add names to Contacts on my Desktop. I am not using "People" or Outlook. I have 4 names entered but can't remember how I did it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-contacts/b538cce6-4ef2-4dbf-b20a-ba336be9a942
  7. reset all my seting with every update Windows 10

reset all my seting with every update Windows 10: With every update to my computer ,Windows 10 resets all my settings My photos disappear, my music disappears, It`s change my desktop image and same of my new programs are uninstalled. I use it for three months and this is a constant update.I try everything . : Can i stop...
  8. ALL my contacts disappeared.

ALL my contacts disappeared.: In Outlook, ALL of my contacts disappeared and I can't find them under People. This happened after an update I think. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-contacts-disappeared/4ae8cb55-0d85-42ce-b1d8-c1b427d1393b"
  9. Windows phone updated lost all my contacts

Windows phone updated lost all my contacts: Hi Please help, my windows lumnia phone updated last night and has lost all my contacts, can see names attached to text and calls but wont let me re enter them, help please i need my contacts back asap...
  10. Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card: Hi, I have a desktop computer with no wireless card running windows 10 and airplane mode which is not visible in the network settings, turns on and disables my internet connection. The only way to fix the issue I have found so far is to restart the computer. This happens...