Windows 10: Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid"

Discus and support Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this problem for a few months now. This was not an issue when I purchased my PC. Every time I download a zip file I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Boogus96, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Boogus96 Win User

Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid"

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I've been trying to fix this problem for a few months now. This was not an issue when I purchased my PC. Every time I download a zip file I get an error that reads "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed zipped folder 'C:/Users/Username/Downloads/filename.zip' is invalid."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I've read that viruses/malware can cause this problem. I bought malwarebytes which didn't find any infected files. I tried disabling my security settings in System Mechanic while downloading zip files and that didn't work either. The malware killer in System Mechanic didn't detect anything malicious either. I even bought a new mesh wifi system thinking slow download speeds could be messing up the download process, but that hasn't helped either.[/COLOR]

A friend of mine suggested that System Mechanic, a registry cleaner, is likely the cause and I should reinstall windows. Is that a good idea?

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Has anyone else had this problem? Or know of any solutions that I'm missing?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Thank you in advance! Any suggestion are much appreciated.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Just to be comprehensive not sure if it's relevant, here's a little more info about my computer:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.59ghz[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]16gb of RAM[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Windows 10 Home, 64bit updated today[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]1tb HDD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]230gb SSD[/COLOR]

:)

Boogus96, Jan 27, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 27, 2021
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid"

invalid compressed zip folder. The compressed (zipped)folder"C database.zip is invalid.

I have several Zip Folders that get the Invalid error message

ChildrensAidSociety, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid"

1. Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid" - Similar Threads - Every zip file

2. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  3. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  4. Laptop refreshes every time I select a .zip file From Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refreshes every time I select a .zip file From Downloads Folder: Since updating to Windows 10 and then 11 I've had several problems with my laptopThis latest problem is actually making it hard to useWhenever I download a .zip file I am unable to access it because as soon as it is clicked on it refreshes my laptop. This only ever happens in...
  5. Laptop refreshes every time I select a .zip file From Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop refreshes every time I select a .zip file From Downloads Folder: Since updating to Windows 10 and then 11 I've had several problems with my laptopThis latest problem is actually making it hard to useWhenever I download a .zip file I am unable to access it because as soon as it is clicked on it refreshes my laptop. This only ever happens in...
  6. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]: [IMG]If you see The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid error when you try to extract the contents of the zipped file on your Windows 11/10 computer, then this post offers suggestions to help you resolve the issue. This error indicates that the zip file is corrupt,...
  7. Downloading a zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading a zip file: I purchased turbo tax online and keep getting the error below while trying to install it, what should I do? Thank You! could not write value DefaultTokenId to key...
  8. downloading a zip folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading a zip folder.: Whenever I attempt to download photos, it goes directly into a paint mode! Help!! I just want it in photos! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-a-zip-folder/555f7f0d-a589-4768-8454-d06d97d52cab"
  9. I Can't Download Zip files

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't Download Zip files: I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed. Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a...
  10. Zip file downloads.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Zip file downloads.: I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10. Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading the same program repeatedly. I am doing tasks two or three times before it fully responds. It can't be just me. To...