Windows 10: Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor.

Discus and support Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Since a week, I have a problem with my second monitor. Everytime I launch my computer, only the main one is active and everytime I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GautierViller, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor.

Hello,
    Since a week, I have a problem with my second monitor.
    Everytime I launch my computer, only the main one is active and everytime I have to unplug the HDMI cable then plug it in.
    And it works that way but it's pretty anoying to do that every morning.

Of course I triple checked the display modes, parameters, drivers, etc ...

How can this be solved ? I didn't have the issue before.

:)

GautierViller, Dec 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 detecting primary monitor only when second monitor unplugged

Whenever i plug in my second monitor it only detects the second monitor despite my primary monitor being plugged in, if i then unplug my second monitor it detects both monitors despite only having the primary one plugged in, any idea what is happening?

V0RTEX G4M1NG, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor.

Why is everything so big if the monitor gets unplugged?

I haven't tried any of these suggestions, but the monitor coming unplugged happens when the computer is off. I walk past the computer a lot and there's really not a good way, if I step on the duct tape, to prevent the monitor from coming unplugged.

KramdenAntiVirus, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor.

1. Everyday I have to unplug and plug in my second monitor. - Similar Threads - Everyday unplug plug

2. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  3. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  4. My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display: My monitor changes from 60 Hz to 120 Hz after i unplug my second monitor from dual display, i want to stop my monitor from constantly changing Hz so is there anyway i can fix the Hz at 60?, Any help would be appreciated thanks!...
  5. My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display: My monitor changes from 60 Hz to 120 Hz after i unplug my second monitor from dual display, i want to stop my monitor from constantly changing Hz so is there anyway i can fix the Hz at 60?, Any help would be appreciated thanks!...
  6. Screen Blink Black for a Second when plugged and unpluged charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blink Black for a Second when plugged and unpluged charger: Hi.. I got a new laptop, but I just found out that my laptop always turn black for second and on again everytime I plug and unplug charger.I find that I have to set refresh rate, cuz when on charging it's 144 Hz, and when on battery it's 60Hz. I changed it 144Hz to 60Hz, and...
  7. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  8. Computer not sleeping with second monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not sleeping with second monitor plugged in: I was hoping someone might be able to shed some like on a weird quirk that I have been having and I can not for the life of me figure out how to solve this. I have a Radeon RX 570 graphics card that I run 2 monitors off of. My main display seems to function just fine where as...
  9. Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged: Few programs keep opening windows to unplugged monitor on Windows 10 I have checked Windows screen settings and nvidia settings and everything points to that i only have 1 monitor and only 1 monitor is displayed....
  10. Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor: I am having a rather large issue with Windows 10. For some reason when I plug in my HDMI for my 2nd monitor all of the icons and the taskbar immediately shift to that monitor. This is because I have it set as the "primary" monitor, but I want the taskbar and icons to stay...