Windows 10: Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Discus and support Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in July, when Microsoft officially rolled out the new Windows 10 operating system, the company also embraced a new strategy that changes the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Source

:)

labeeman, Sep 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade won't install. Something happened - Windows 10 failed to install.

Trying to upgrade windows 7 Home Premium to windows 10 to test it out. However both using the installation tool, through Windows update and installing from ISO burned to DVD gives me a grey box saying 'Something happened - Windows 10 failed to install'
    when it reaches 37%. Please advise how to fix this.

Windows 10 removes windows media center. Not good if you want to watch and record from your tv card. Not happy with being unable to choose to manually update windows. When will Microsoft add Media Center and provide a way to turn of auto update? Also,
    according to folk who have installed Windows 10 already, there seems to be a lot of privacy issues in windows 10 with Microsoft harvesting everyone's personal info and reading their emails et

tinman9898, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Deleting browsing history etc. automatically when closing Microsoft Edge

I must agree 100 per cent with what everyone is saying it is inconcievable that Microsoft could not include this optioin as (again stated ) IS IN Explorere. How could the programmers NOT want his in the Edge .. do they just want ALL thier info EASY to
    obtain ???

Is it even know When this WILL be a option .. any timeframe ???

richard123444, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

"We can't have our pleb users knowing what we are really up to."

lehnerus2000, Sep 15, 2015
  5. $$$

fracking4oil, Sep 15, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Oh God, not another small fringe group screaming and claiming to speak for everyone!!!
    My experience in Eight forums, only a few actually looked(or cared to look) on patch Tuesday. And I only looked after I installed, because of curiosity, not cherry picking.

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    If you don't want those infos that's fine. But I definitely would like to know what's going on with MY PC. As much as I like Windows, the recent activities by MS made me question my loyalty to the MS operating system. First the "free" update that converts a expensive retail license into a cheap hardware bound one, then the spying features like handwriting and typing logs, they refuse to tell the users what changes come with updates, they took out a lot of useful features of Windows (selective updates, almost no possibility to customize the os)... What's more the os is much less stable than Windows 8.1. During the last 2 months with Windows 10 my pc has crashed/ frozen more often than it did during the entire period I was using Windows 8 and 8.1.

At the moment I am still sticking to Windows 10 as my main operating system. But I must admit that my patience is running out. If MS does not fix all the issues of Windows 10 soon I will switch to Linux as my main operating system and keep Windows 8.1 or 7 as a backup to play games and run software for which I cannot find a useful replacement under Linux.

altae, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Providing info about updates is costly, MS is not going to employe more people, especially during crisis, just to say, that they have fixed typos, minor issues, which count in thousands.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    If Microsoft started putting out Nightly ISO's for Windows 10, and you(not you specifically) downloaded and installed one, those updates would already be integrated, and you would have no idea " what's going on with MY PC". So, I still don't see what the big deal is, except, "Curiosity kills the cat".

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Updates may or may not include UI changes, subtle or drastic. A good use of the Notification area would be to let me know that something affecting the way I use my PC is now installed; there's been a change and here are the details.
    But will that happen?

markweatherill, Sep 15, 2015
  11. altae Win User
    The problem is MS cannot decide if a change is drastic or not. Windows runs on so many different systems with countless hardware and software configurations, there is no way MS can possibly say how a specific update will work on my system. The only person who can decide that is me. But how should I decide that if the only info I'll ever get is some nonsense like "bug fixes" or "performance improvement". Maybe most users would not be capable of interpreting such infos, even if MS provided them. But I am and so many others out there are too.

Under Linux you know exactly what packages are updated. And Linux distribution developers haven't got the financial ressources MS has. What's more under Linux you can alsway refuse to install certain updates. Only MS claims that such information would be too expensive to provide. Come on, you don't seriously believe this? MS swims in money, they generate so much money, they don't even know what to do with it exept buying one more competitor or paying out enormous sums to their shareholders. It's a very bold lie if MS claims they cannot afford to provide infos concerning updates.

altae, Sep 15, 2015
  12. aelaan Win User
    It is simple: Stop updating - download them manually, extract the packages and see what is happening. Now you can see what dll files are being replaced and what executables are updated. Nope you will not get the documented changes, not now. Microsoft has not stated they will never do this. If I am going to support this OS in my enterprise I certainly want to know what and why before I apply. We have over 8000 Microsoft devices on our network, imagine if I pushed out an update and it was incompatible with a financial system because it overwrote one small dll.... For all purpose and reasons I feel Windows 10 is still on shaky grounds, I have daily hangs on 10532 on my test laptop. These hang-ups are not on my daily driver on 10240 so things are changing again...
    Just my $0.02 Canadian (where do not have cents any more...)

aelaan, Sep 15, 2015
  13. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

That's very silly... Informations are the most important thing in business. Less info = more problems!

Fredledingue, Sep 15, 2015
  14. wjay Win User
    Totally agree with altae above . I have given 10 and edge all my computer time since day 1 but enough is enough , cannot put up with constant freezing and crashing and not responding .Obviously this os could not be problem free by its very nature and will take some time to fix all the problems but the big brother attitude can only result in lost users who will go to linux or back to their old version . I have reinstalled 8.1 and at last I can use my system without all the crashes and delays . We'll see what happens in the next few weeks but if MS wish to force things on us they will alienate their users . Presumably they think that as they have 'given' 10 for free then they have the right to do what the hell they like !

15. gator2013 Win User
    Get Real!

This is the electronic/digital age. The update detail information exits internally within Microsoft. There is spell check and grammar software available. It doesn't take a room full of employees to do this. With a few keystrokes the information can be delivered to millions. Microsoft wants to modify your OS without the user knowing it. I do not trust MS any more than I would trust any mega-global corporation and that's not much!

On the other hand, if the updates are being assembled and delivered in a haphazard fashion then MS may not want to divulge mush info because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

gator2013, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No - Similar Threads - Everyone Wants Update

2. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone: Windows 10 May 2020 Update released this week, but many users have complained that the update is not available when they check for updates in Windows Update or Update Assistant tool. The short answer is that it won’t show up for everyone if even they have compatible hardware...
  8. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  9. MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon

in Windows 10 News
    MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon: The Media Creation Tool no longer works for TH2 Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows 10 November Update ISO download links and made the new version available exclusively via Windows Update for no clear reason, with some speculating that it’s because of the bugs found in...
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...