Windows 10: Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Discus and support Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The problem with Microsoft is they no longer have any respect for their customers. Microsoft is now under the impression that it is THEIR computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

The problem with Microsoft is they no longer have any respect for their customers. Microsoft is now under the impression that it is THEIR computer to do as they see fit. They don't have to explain anything to anyone.
    Microsoft has become so arrogant that this former fan has decided enough is enough. Back porting the spyware back to 8.1 8 and 7 seriously means you are only safe from their data hovering on VISTA or Linux.
    For me the long term is a transition to Linux and using a Windows 7 virtual machine after 7 end of life. I am not prepared to use Windows (what is broken this boot?) 10 Pro Spyware edition. I thought Balmer was an azzhole but Satya Nadella with his everything mobile in the cloud is worse. Everyone should leave feedback for Microsoft to stop the tracking and data hoovering and be transparent with exactly what is going on with these patches. I am only letting 10 lose in a virtual machine for now. Windows 10 is an even bigger disappointment than 8 and that really took some doing. Only Microsoft could do that.

Indianatone, Sep 15, 2015
  2. gator2013 Win User
    gator2013, Sep 15, 2015
  3. altae Win User
    I honestly start to like Windws 8.1 more and more. Ok, 8.1 was annoying because of the tiles nonesense. But that could all be dealt with. On the other hand, the basis was solid. 8.1 was rock stable reliable and it could be customized in almost any way. What's more it was no spyware like 10. I really looked forward the the release of Windows 10. But more and more it looks like a big disappointment.

altae, Sep 15, 2015
  4. larc919 Win User

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Not spilling details on every update is a good way for Microsoft to hide correction of embarrassing mistakes that never should have been made in the first place and/or they previously claimed didn't exist.

larc919, Sep 15, 2015
  5. vfoster Win User
    Wow, I couldn't agree more with you two! I know there are a lot of people who seem to take personal offense at the notion that some of us don't agree that 10 is the long-awaited Savior of the Microsoft faithful. I really hoped to like 10, especially given my distaste for 8. I never would've imagined anything could make me actually like 8. But somehow, Microsoft managed to pull it off. It's a miracle! *Rolleyes

If you're not concerned about the amount of control Microsoft is taking away from its users, fine, that's your prerogative. But why do people feel it's their personal mission to convince those of us that are concerned that we are whiny or ignorant or paranoid?

Squeaky wheels and grease and all that...

vfoster, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Yeah that sounds more like the Windows 7 and 8 updates that were used to promote Windows 10 and new telemetry technologies.

Jody Thornton, Sep 16, 2015
  7. 2635599 Win User
    as far as i'm concerned mickysour should of NEVER changed how we do updates. the main reason is they still can't get 3rd party drivers right, but keep pushing them. it is my comp and i WILL choose what is and isn't installed.

2635599, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

This is how you become a d*ck when you have a monopoly. But they could done this earlier...

johnnybgood, Sep 16, 2015
  9. I can't picture corporate users of Windows accepting this update model. I read somewhere that maintenance for Win10 Enterprise is handled differently, but I haven't seen any details. A ComputerWorld article (Microsoft to deliver Windows 10s business update service in stages | Computerworld) mentions a 4 month delay in receiving fixes (other than security, I'm sure) in order to give "testers" (e.g., customers) a chance to find bugs. That certainly isn't as good being able to exclude maint that is known to be buggy, but it helps. However, there must be more in the works to handle enterprise customers in the works or Microsoft is going to lose a lot of business. And if it's available for corporate users, it should be available for home users.

Actually, I predict it will eventually be available ... for those willing to pay for it.

pokeefe0001, Sep 16, 2015
  10. Enrique Win User
    The most important Word is R-E-S-P-E-C-T. And it seems Microsoft don't have respect to their customers. My PC should be my PC. Never THEIR PC. A few days a go I put in there a thread from this theme and much of the people smile with. Not all the people is happy with the updates politics of Microsoft. Less information, less love. So are the things

Enrique, Sep 16, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    Another iteration of Windows and another revolution, some things never change, and more people going to Linux. At this rate in another 30 years Linux will have 3% of the market.
    All I need to know about updates is wether they're security or whatever and even then it's only a mild interest.

BillyBob, Sep 17, 2015
  12. gator2013 Win User
    Considering Microsoft's track record for bad updates over the last 6-12 months, Good Luck

With the W-10 forced updates protocol it's not a matter of IF a bad update disrupts a lot of PC's it's a matter of When*Smile and it will happen.

gator2013, Sep 17, 2015
  13. BillyBob Win User

Since Windows 3.1 I can't remember too many bad updates except on Previews etc, and I've had many, many, many computers. Nobody has had my credit card details and no men in black have come knocking on my door, maybe I am just lucky.

BillyBob, Sep 17, 2015
  14. fredc Win User
    I hoped to like it also but in reality i am disliking it more every day , as to your last comment , agreed , there is a BIG problem with the downplaying of others who happen to think differently then they do .

fredc, Sep 17, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .OMG. . .the sky is falling. . .*Smile

Thema:

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No - Similar Threads - Everyone Wants Update

2. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone: Windows 10 May 2020 Update released this week, but many users have complained that the update is not available when they check for updates in Windows Update or Update Assistant tool. The short answer is that it won’t show up for everyone if even they have compatible hardware...
  8. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  9. MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon

in Windows 10 News
    MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon: The Media Creation Tool no longer works for TH2 Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows 10 November Update ISO download links and made the new version available exclusively via Windows Update for no clear reason, with some speculating that it’s because of the bugs found in...
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...