Windows 10: Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Discus and support Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Providing info about updates is costly, MS is not going to employe more people, especially during crisis, just to say, that they have fixed typos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

. . .Makes perfect sense. . .*Smile

2. LEE
    Lee Win User

Hmmmmmmmmmm!. . .then go with Linux, and then you won't have to worry about what it is that Microsoft is doing to your computer. . .*really

3. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .this is why Microsoft puts out 10 pro and 10 Enterprise editions. . .*Smile

4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Sep 17, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .Find something new. . .this is just out stuff that keeps coming out every time Microsoft puts out a new OS. . .come on. . .*Smile

6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .just more of the same stuff after MS releases a new OS. . .*really

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I have ZERO problems with build 10532.

I'm running some Stock trading systems on Retail build 10240 with absolutely NO problems whatsoever.

Most problems are caused I suspect by people running wretched out of date Anti Virus Software, old incompatible games, some badly written 3rd party software, incompatible / weird hardware and dubious downloads etc.

The main problem I have with Windows (but I've always had this problem with Windows - so it's not new to W10) is in Networking =but that is a known issue I suspect anyway.

I agree also that for Enterprises updating a few thousand Windows machines may well cause problems -- some old Legacy apps could well have difficulty being run on W10 - for example running some SAP software etc. Until these companies update their corporate software then I agree updating Windows is a problem - but here again maybe the solution is to convert to a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) which while being an initial cost will render future upgrades really simple.

For Non Enterprise people W10 seems IMO to be working just fine. I reckon most people posting difficulties would have problems anyway with any version of Windows.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 17, 2015
  8. EricTheO Win User

Glad someone pointed out the obvious. The information about update details exist already, MS just chooses to withhold it or parse it into layman's terms. I always read the available KB article number linked to an update but now even they are like shorthand.

EricTheO, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Sep 17, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    Most people are NOT complaining about only problems , they are voicing their disappointment about not having as much control over the OS as they did in the past .

People should be allowed to rant if they feel like ranting , if someone can't handle ranting because they heard it before or they don't agree , tough .

It's allowed , people rant all day everyday on things that i think are ridiculous but i don't feel the need to constantly remind them that i disagree .

I leave and go take a nap , thats the cure for "thread rage" imo but again i could be wrong.

fredc, Sep 17, 2015
  11. LittleJay Win User
    I read the KB article numbers myself, before installing them. At least I did with W8.1. In some cases I decided that I didn't need that particular update, because it wasn't pertinent to my install. But now W10 has taken away that capability and I have no idea what they are installing on my computer. I don't like that and so now I use my W8.1 disk almost exclusively.

LittleJay, Sep 17, 2015
  12. at this point i am not totally sure what to make of it. I for one would though; like to know whats contained in the updates etc. I too am also wondering whats so secretive about whats contained in the updates that they cant disclose it like they have done for previous operating systems. I mean it doesnt seem like good business sense to not disclose what is contained in the update(s) etc.

Matt Siegel, Sep 17, 2015
  13. fredc Win User

It makes good business sense if you think that what your providing in the updates would be objectionable to the end user , you would think if it was good stuff they would want people to know about it.

You know what they say , no news is good news lol.

fredc, Sep 17, 2015
  14. It's like others saying "If you don't like W10, why don't you use W7???!!".
    I believe that at some point one have to update/upgrade to a more recent version because everything evoluates independantly, and one day an upgrade is necessary because things are not worling together anymore.
    For example, I was running my old PC very fine with W98SE on it up to last year. I was very happy with it but it became increasingly difficult to navigate the internet, enjoye software updates and install new hardware.
    If a company or an organisation chose to keep using 20 years old programs, without trying to find better, more modern replacements, IT'S THEIR FAULT!
    Of course that they are running into trouble sooner or later, either with XP, W8 or W10...
    Those who stay on W7 because they don't like W8 Modern style or because a 16 bit, W95 era software won't run anymore even in comp mode, will find themselves with an obsolete OS in a few years. It's not a solution.
    So you have to keep up to date with things. You have no choice.
    Just for enjoying your new 64 bit hardware you need to give up old softs!
    Yes, that has been the main disapointment since XP and at every new build, this feeling worsens.
    I think that there is a bit of paranoia about MS reads from your computer, upload your datas, doesn;t let you control your own machine etc...
    I found that there was a slight (I say "slight") improvement on the control over the machine in W10 and that privacy concerns are exagerated.
    The problem is more WHY do we feel like this?

Fredledingue, Sep 18, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You have heard of the Butterfly Effect in chaos theory? Well in the digital world now, we have the Snowden Effect I guess.*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No - Similar Threads - Everyone Wants Update

2. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone: Windows 10 May 2020 Update released this week, but many users have complained that the update is not available when they check for updates in Windows Update or Update Assistant tool. The short answer is that it won’t show up for everyone if even they have compatible hardware...
  8. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  9. MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon

in Windows 10 News
    MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon: The Media Creation Tool no longer works for TH2 Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows 10 November Update ISO download links and made the new version available exclusively via Windows Update for no clear reason, with some speculating that it’s because of the bugs found in...
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...