Windows 10: Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Discus and support Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft does not own my PC, I do. I have a right to know what is included in these updates. If you go to a store and purchase a food item, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Microsoft does not own my PC, I do. I have a right to know what is included in these updates. If you go to a store and purchase a food item, every ingredient in that food is listed in detail on the package required by the Federal Government. If you put gas in your car, what is in it is detailed on the pump. Why should MS be any different. As consumers we have the right to know.

2. BunnyJ New Member

On the gas thing.. you only get the percent of ethanol in gas.. you don't know what the other cleaning ingredients are.

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Intellectual property - Wikipedia

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal...g/Default.aspx

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

You get the Octane rating. And about the technology licensing. Try using Linux. No Distribution hides anything from the user. Most Distro's are also Free. I happen to be a Fair and Balanced Type of Guy. I get my sources from multiple locations and there are laws that, that forbid a company such as MS to become a monopoly which I believe is their end game.

5. BunnyJ New Member
    Then use Linux.
    Oh and Linux is open source and well. . Windows isn't.. see the difference?

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    MS has stated that they might become open source. Not all Linux is Open source either. I use Avast Internet Security and other various forms of Software and when the have an upgrade or update they are not afraid to tell it's users what is in it. There is a change log.

7. BunnyJ New Member
    MS said might.. and they aren't now so you get the information that they want to supply. And it's up to the company to decide what they want to disclose concerning update. That's the facts.

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

That is the way MS operates but it does not make it right. Trust me, this will in due time end up in court.

9. Fine. Except there is a lot of software that runs only on Windows, or Mac, or both. Linux does me no good at all.

pokeefe0001, Sep 27, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. then you have to play buy MS's rules.. don't ya?

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  11. Except "right" is a legal term, no legal body that I'm aware of has granted us an unalienable right to know the contents of Microsoft fixes. Maybe there is a moral or ethical obligation to provide us with such information, but what does Microsoft (or most other large corporations) care about morals and ethics?

But what good does this information do us if we can't do anything with it? I think it's a bigger problem than just not having that information. Microsoft no longer gives us any control over what maintenance we apply. (Ok. Some control over "when". No control over "what".) And we have no more "right" to demand that control than we have to demand the information.

pokeefe0001, Sep 27, 2015
  12. Trust_No1 Win User
    I think it is 'by' not 'buy'. However, it is MS so you are probably correct.

None the less, this whole debate is mute. If you one doesn't like the new MS rules, they shouldn't use Windows 10.

However, I do start having issues when MS starts installing software I don't want on my Windows 7 or 8 machines. Skype being one of them and GTX being the other. They even nag you to death if you use some of their apps on a Windows 8 machine, trying to get you to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I have 2 machines with Windows 8 and one the WiFi won't work properly using Windows 8.1 (so switched back) and the other it simply won't install. So, i don't think I (or others) should be nagged to death for retaining the old versions.

As I said before, Microsoft has lost it's morale compass. IMHO

Trust_No1, Sep 27, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Did not The EU sue MS over the integration of IE into their OS?? Well Edge is now integrated into their OS so where is The EU? Wait until users have to pay for it. The courts will be overcrowded with lawsuits.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup.. I did a typo.

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think the same ruling that applied to IE would also apply to Edge.

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No - Similar Threads - Everyone Wants Update

2. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone: Windows 10 May 2020 Update released this week, but many users have complained that the update is not available when they check for updates in Windows Update or Update Assistant tool. The short answer is that it won’t show up for everyone if even they have compatible hardware...
  8. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  9. MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon

in Windows 10 News
    MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon: The Media Creation Tool no longer works for TH2 Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows 10 November Update ISO download links and made the new version available exclusively via Windows Update for no clear reason, with some speculating that it’s because of the bugs found in...
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...