Windows 10: Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Discus and support Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Bo VesterdorfMicrosoft Corp v Commission (2007) T-201/04 is a case brought by the European Commission of the European Union (EU) against Microsoft for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Microsoft Corp v Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Hey ya'll complainers, do you remember this when you installed Windows 10?

Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No [​IMG]

Did you even read it(Thoroughly, not skim) before clicking "I accept the license terms"?

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    Did you? What if your do not live in The US? Evidently MS is not in compliance with The EU Ruling:

4. Cliff S New Member

What a silly stupid court ruling, obviously made from IT dilettantes All one does is open up IE, download another browser and set it as default. If someone doesn't know how to do that, they have no business surfing any how.

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I know especially since the user can remove it, not so easy with Edge though.

6. Cliff S New Member
    I only use Edge just to see how it's coming along(Gary in this case I'll hold my opinion to myself-for the sake of peace*Smile) but other than that, I just don't use it(or Groove either too). I pretty much use the same stuff since Windows 7 still some Window's programs, some 3rd party(I'm an eclectic user).

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  7. Even if you can't remove it, you don't have to use it. And even if some internal Windows features use Edge (and I don't have any idea if that's the case), that doesn't impact what browser the user uses for his/her own purposes.

I thought the EU suit was more about having to pay for parts of Windows they didn't use than having the code sitting on disk. That could still be a problem with Enterprise versions of Windows. How much of the cost of a Windows 10 license goes for Edge (or Cortana, or other junk, ... err, I mean fine applications people might not want)? That will probably keep the EU legal teams busy for a while.

pokeefe0001, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

Not for MS. *Smile

Aside
    I had to use a TAFE PC with W8.1 on it.
    It was still just as appallingly awful as I remember it being (from the W8 series preview days).

W10 is far more useable than the W8 series.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No - Similar Threads - Everyone Wants Update

2. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upcoming update info: Dear Microsoft,I have been seeing these days that Windows 10 is not getting a single UI revamp. In Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2, there were only new features for advanced users. The information about the upcoming 22H2 update is also not available. I have been using Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 upcoming update info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is here, but not for everyone: Windows 10 May 2020 Update released this week, but many users have complained that the update is not available when they check for updates in Windows Update or Update Assistant tool. The short answer is that it won’t show up for everyone if even they have compatible hardware...
  8. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  9. MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon

in Windows 10 News
    MS Says Win 10 November Update Will Show Up for Everyone Very Soon: The Media Creation Tool no longer works for TH2 Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows 10 November Update ISO download links and made the new version available exclusively via Windows Update for no clear reason, with some speculating that it’s because of the bugs found in...
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...