Windows 10: Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

Discus and support Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 directly from microsoft yesterday rather than waiting for it to roll out to me, and as soon as it finished something was wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fantom, Jul 30, 2015.

1. fantom Win User

Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

I installed windows 10 directly from microsoft yesterday rather than waiting for it to roll out to me, and as soon as it finished something was wrong. It was set to 1080p but the edges of the screen were cut off and EVERYTHING was blurry as if it were in 420p. I used Catalyst to resize my screen so it fit, but everything was still blurry. I've looked online tirelessly and found people with similar, but not the same, problem that fixed theirs by adjusting the slider that resized everything in the desktop but I've tried 100%, 125%, and 150% and everything still looks awful. I have the latest AMD drivers for my card (R9 280) but it won't fix. It's not just text, it's pictures, games, and especially desktop icons. I'm using a 1080p LCD TV as my monitor, which someone on the Microsoft forum said was the problem, but it worked just fine in Windows 8. Can anyone help?

:)

fantom, Jul 30, 2015
  2. jas926 Win User

Blurry text and small text

I just bought a new laptop with a 1080p display and on certain programs the text is blurry. And also on programs like google chrome and spotify, everything is too small but not blurry. When I change the size from 125% to 100% nothing is blurry, but all
    the icons are too small and when its changed to 150% everything is too big. All my nvidia and intel drivers are up to date and i cant seem to fix this. Any help is appreciated!

jas926, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

I installed Windows 10 on a PC and I have a few images. It shows how blurry parts of Windows 10 is. As you can tell from pic 1 the mail app the text is very blurry. The "upgrade today and save 50% get office" icon is blurry. A lot of the icon or tiles
    as they are called are clear. In pic 2 the device manager text is totally clear. The text under the heading is very blurry.

I don't understand why things are so blurry in Windows 10.

Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos [​IMG]

Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos [​IMG]

TonyPalermo, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

HazemZidane, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

1. Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos - Similar Threads - Everything blurry 1080p

2. Blurry Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Video: i have a asus s15 s510u laptop which i bought around 6 months ago. The problem is that whenever I record my screen in full HD or download a HD video it becomes a little blur. The quality is not sharp everytime. I downloaded 5 gameplays which were full hd with 60 fps but when...
  3. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  4. Pixelated/Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Pixelated/Blurry Text: I was using windows when I got BSOD and restarted the PC. Now the all the system fonts are pixelated. Even in Chrome the menu text is pixelated. The only fonts that are normal are the fonts in windows settings. [img] [img] 118232
  5. Everything on my computer is blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything on my computer is blurry: All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated (I believe to version 1803), and this wasn't happening until after the update. To specify, when looking at the text and...
  6. Blurry text appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text appearance: I have upgraded to windows 10 pro and using AMD graphics on my laptop, even after adjusting clear text, the texts still appear with shadows pls help to fix this issue 25229
  7. Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution: The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at 1920x1080. The only things I did were disconnect a second monitor I am now using for my laptop and click ease of access and...
  8. Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar: So, i've scaled my windows to 115% from Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display - set a custom scaling level and now the network and battery icons are with very low quality - [img] . Most of the text in all apps is not blurry - [img] but in others is blurry -...
  9. Blurry Text / Icons on new Lenovo 900

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Text / Icons on new Lenovo 900: Tried this little popular app: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer Doesn’t work for me. Windows 10 64bit, Lenovo 3200×1800. Tried both options (app and compatiblity in app > properties) For one, java applets are extremely tiny to read and the...
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...