Windows 10: Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever

Discus and support Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I downloaded a file to desktop, and Defender decided that was a threat and quarantined it. At that moment, everything that was saved on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EverythingGone99, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever

So I downloaded a file to desktop, and Defender decided that was a threat and quarantined it. At that moment, everything that was saved on my desktop disappeared but I can still access them through recent files from Word/Excel. Defender offered 2 options, remove or restore. As I looked over the report, it showed me that the only affected file was the one I downloaded. Out of panic, I chose remove. Guess what? Now I can't open any of the files that I was able to few seconds ago. What do I do now? I've tried Windows file recovery and other recovery software but nothing works for me. It's not e

:)

EverythingGone99, Jul 31, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 31, 2021
  3. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever

1. Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever - Similar Threads - Everything got deleted

2. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  3. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  4. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  5. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  6. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  8. roblox deleted forever? :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox deleted forever? :: so i was playing roblox, and i thought deleting the face file for a little bit would be a funny joke, but suddenly i wanted it back, so i tried reinstalling roblox and it wouldnt let me. is there a fix? :...
  9. Windows Defender is gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is gone: As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the Trojans and Malware but now my system has no Windows Defender at all. I don't know how to install it. It is missing from...
  10. Gone forever?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gone forever?: I took very early advantage of the Win10 download and used the resultant iso file to convert my laptop and desktop from win7 to win10. At first things went well and I was very impressed with the new edition of Windows. After a period of about two months the laptop operation...