Windows 10: Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to...

Discus and support Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restarted my laptop and now everything is smaller in size. I went to windows display settings and it's still at 125%. Text, windows, tabs, and games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YourFriendTeddy12, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to...

I restarted my laptop and now everything is smaller in size. I went to windows display settings and it's still at 125%. Text, windows, tabs, and games. All of it got smaller. I don't know how to fix this.

submitted by /u/YourFriendTeddy12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YourFriendTeddy12, Jun 29, 2020

2. Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

I am back in the stone ages. I went to update my Windows 10 from1903 to the 1909 on my laptop and after the resart all my files, and apps are nowhere. and for some reason my file history was off so there is no restore point apparently. everything is just
    gone!!! any suggestions as to how and get it back would be great.

RobynPowers1, Jun 29, 2020
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to... [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to... [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to...

Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

(I uploaded all 6 of my screenshots on Flickr to make it easier to share/view)

Windows 10 Problem | Flickr

Ok so I turned on my laptop like normal a few days ago, and I noticed everything on my laptop is smaller. (I explain in detail in the next paragraph) I tried looking all over online but it was no help. Anyways, so I decided to post my problem here to find a solution, and I put my screenshots on a Flickr so you guys can see what I'm seeing. I haven't downloaded anything recently, or messed with/done anything abnormal with my laptop either.

Image 1: This is what I see when I open up my laptop and notice everything is smaller. This includes the icons, the taskbar, chrome windows and text within windows. So literally everything has gone smaller. I also noticed it takes longer for my mouse to travel across the screen, but I think that's because the mouse is smaller too.
    When I go into settings and raise the zoom to 125% (You can only choose 100% or 125%, there is no higher, lower or in between) it sets my windows back to normal, or so it seems.

Image 2: When I go into settings and raise the zoom to 125% (You can only choose 100% or 125%, there is no higher, lower or in between) it sets my windows back to normal, or so it seems.

Image 3:
    When I opened up the ZIP opener, I noticed that the text is significantly more blurred than what it usually is, as if it has been zoomed in. This is when I decided I couldn't just leave the settings how they were and needed a solution.

Image 4: This is what it looked like when I brought back the settings to 100%. which turned everything back smaller.

Image 5: This is what it looks like when everything is smaller (settings say 100%). However, I am very confident that before this whole situation happened, the size was always set to 100%.

Image 6: When I switch it to 125%, all the sizes on my laptop switch back to normal, however some windows and/or pop ups have icons and text appear to be blurred or zoomed in. And also, YES I signed in and out multiple times. The red text only referred to a few windows. For example, when I switch it back and forth between 100% and 125%, Chrome will zoom in and out, but PowerPoint will remain the same size as when I last signed in/out. (This signing out part is not my problem though)

I appreciate any help with solving the problem, thanks so much!

haileyoaks, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to...

1. Everything got smaller after I just restarted my laptop. How do I revert everything back to... - Similar Threads - Everything got smaller

2. How do I get everything back on Windows ten?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get everything back on Windows ten?: I turned on my pc this morning and when I logged into my account everything was gone! When I put in the password it loads and says preparing windows. I don’t know what to do and I’m really just panicking! I need to know how to get everything back....
  3. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?: Can anyone help me. I didn't have enough storage on my laptop and then I had it cleaned, but now I can't open anything at all. Not even my files. It indicates an error. How do I make sure I can use my laptop again?...
  4. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?: Can anyone help me. I didn't have enough storage on my laptop and then I had it cleaned, but now I can't open anything at all. Not even my files. It indicates an error. How do I make sure I can use my laptop again?...
  5. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why is everything on my laptop so slow after I restart it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is everything on my laptop so slow after I restart it?: So, I’ve had my HP laptop since 2017. And for as long as I can remember I’ve had this one is where every time I restart my laptop, every application id use for the first time after that is slow as hell. Why is that? submitted by /u/AC-RogueOne [link] [comments]...
  7. everything on my display screen is too big. how do i make this smaller?

in Windows 10 Customization
    everything on my display screen is too big. how do i make this smaller?: everything on my display screen is too large. how do I make this smaller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-on-my-display-screen-is-too-big-how-do/baf4b169-2eea-4d2c-8c9e-29975d4727cd
  8. How Do I Make Everything Smaller (less than 100%)?

How Do I Make Everything Smaller (less than 100%)?: Hi! I have an Asus laptop (M509D 15 in') and I want it to scale less than 100%. This is because I'm fond of the scaling of my work laptop (Apple Macbook Pro 16 in') and usually when I switch to my other laptop, I tend to see it as usually bigger (as compared to the Macbook...
  9. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?: I have an HP EliteBook 8470p with a really low res display. I just bought it as a secondary beat-around laptop for stuff I don't want to use my MacBook for (outside mostly as a music streaming laptop). Problem: Everything is so damn huge on the crappy screen, there is barely...
  10. Everything on my desktop becomes smaller

Everything on my desktop becomes smaller: I connect my laptop to an external monitor, so I chose the option to keep my laptop running even if I close the lid of the laptop. The problem is that whenever I close the lid of my laptop, every single thing becomes smaller, google chrome, word, my taskbar, everything. This...