Windows 10: Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

Discus and support Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a file which was in a folder format and I needed to be a notepad so I right-click that folder and I selected " open with" and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vivian.S.M., Jun 3, 2020.

1. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

I downloaded a file which was in a folder format and I needed to be a notepad so I right-click that folder and I selected " open with" and then I selected the notepad, but now all files that I want to download from the web it's automatically downloaded as a notepad instead of a normal folder that it should be.

Thanks!

:)

Vivian.S.M., Jun 3, 2020
  2. XBcs87 Win User

Notepad problem

Isn't there an easier way of doing this? Opened notepad, box appeared off centre with left of box offscreen as has been the case since problem first occurred. As suggested tried pressing shift then rt click nothing comprehensible appears as a way of fixing it.

Other options didn't understand.

XBcs87, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Notepad problem

Your press and hold Shift then right click on the Notepad icon in the Taskbar that represents the open Notepad window. Then you use the up/down/right/left arrows to move the window on the Desktop. If the windows is too big then select Size instead of Move then use the arrows to change the size of the Notepad window.

Tried to make a movie demo (first time) but not sure it helps:

MoveNotepadWindow.zip

It's a zip file so oyu need to download it then unzip it. It will be a wmv file that you can play with Windows Media Player.

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

1. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem? - Similar Threads - Everything download opens

2. How can i open a file that i dont have access to; the file is under notepad on my personal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i open a file that i dont have access to; the file is under notepad on my personal...: I was trying to open unknown file that I transferred to One Drive from Local Disk but it didn't allow me because I am not the administrator. Its called a DumpStack and its a NotePad file. Can you guys help me get access to it?...
  3. How can i open a file that i dont have access to; the file is under notepad on my personal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i open a file that i dont have access to; the file is under notepad on my personal...: I was trying to open unknown file that I transferred to One Drive from Local Disk but it didn't allow me because I am not the administrator. Its called a DumpStack and its a NotePad file. Can you guys help me get access to it?...
  4. How can I fix this Problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this Problem?: Ive tried everything. I've gone through the files, turned off key repeat on the keyboard, went to the device settings and made it to where it couldn't turn off the device the keyboard, I've searched for driver updates for my keyboard and they said that it was up to date, I've...
  5. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?: I accidentally when downloading a file selected open with notepad, and "always open these types of files with notepad" so now whenever I download something Instead of a file it opens as a notepad, and when I do "open with", "more apps" I want to use file explorer but it...
  6. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?: I accidentally when downloading a file selected open with notepad, and "always open these types of files with notepad" so now whenever I download something Instead of a file it opens as a notepad, and when I do "open with", "more apps" I want to use file explorer but it...
  7. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?: Whenever I try downloading .RAR files, they always download as notepad and if I click "open with" it doesn't say file explorer, all it says is notepad paint paint 3D, or internet explorer, any help?...
  9. How can I fix camera always open problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I fix camera always open problems?: Hello, i found problem about camera on laptop always turn on. There are many users in my company found this problem. I solved the problem by turning the camera off and back on. But after a while it came back to be the same....
  10. Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?: Everything I download on Google Chrome or Opera opens under notepad or WinRAR how can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-i-download-opens-under-notepad-how-can/7abc5b8a-dc44-4a38-8c9a-4a43ce661fc0