Windows 10: Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

Discus and support Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael MMo, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont work and I get this error message every time i try and open CMD or task manager to do a system check nothing happens. The user control prompt does not appear so I cant try a lot of fixes that require running as an administrator.Any ideas?

:)

Michael MMo, Feb 7, 2023
  2. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Feb 7, 2023
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

User Account Control may have made the changes on your computer that caused this. For us to help you correct this, we suggest that you toggle between the options of turning off and turning back on your User Account Control and see if there will be any changes
    on your applications. Kindly follow the steps below on how to turn User Account Control On or Off:

• Type in UAC on the search bar.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • Perform the following steps:
      • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
        OK.
      • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click
        OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter your administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

1. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to... - Similar Threads - Everything try run

2. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...: In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont work and I get this error message every time i try and open CMD or task manager to do a system check nothing happens. The...
  3. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...: In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont work and I get this error message every time i try and open CMD or task manager to do a system check nothing happens. The...
  4. My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?: I know you should generally allow CHKDSC to do its thing in case my drives are damaged and whatnot, though I intend to reinstall Windows 11* to repair my device entirely. I cannot accomplish this, however, since the prompt to skip isn't available. I've tried running BIOS and...
  5. My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?: I know you should generally allow CHKDSC to do its thing in case my drives are damaged and whatnot, though I intend to reinstall Windows 11* to repair my device entirely. I cannot accomplish this, however, since the prompt to skip isn't available. I've tried running BIOS and...
  6. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  7. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  8. Everything runs as Administrator

9. why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc?

why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc?: Everytime I open certain apps on my pc, it shows an error message that says "the file directory is corrupted and unreadable." I always have to right-click and run as administrator to access it. These are just sample images for google chrome and snipping tool. Hope someone can...
  10. Skipping User Account Control Warning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skipping User Account Control Warning?: Just updated my antivirus software (Total 360 Security). Now whenever I restart and load my PC I get one of these warnings. Just wondering if there was a rule out option in Windows so I don't have to keep allowing it to go through every time. -Thanks! 24533