Windows 10: Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

Discus and support Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (I uploaded all 6 of my screenshots on Flickr to make it easier to share/view) Windows 10 Problem | Flickr Ok so I turned on my laptop like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by haileyoaks, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

(I uploaded all 6 of my screenshots on Flickr to make it easier to share/view)

Windows 10 Problem | Flickr

Ok so I turned on my laptop like normal a few days ago, and I noticed everything on my laptop is smaller. (I explain in detail in the next paragraph) I tried looking all over online but it was no help. Anyways, so I decided to post my problem here to find a solution, and I put my screenshots on a Flickr so you guys can see what I'm seeing. I haven't downloaded anything recently, or messed with/done anything abnormal with my laptop either.

Image 1: This is what I see when I open up my laptop and notice everything is smaller. This includes the icons, the taskbar, chrome windows and text within windows. So literally everything has gone smaller. I also noticed it takes longer for my mouse to travel across the screen, but I think that's because the mouse is smaller too.
    When I go into settings and raise the zoom to 125% (You can only choose 100% or 125%, there is no higher, lower or in between) it sets my windows back to normal, or so it seems.

Image 2: When I go into settings and raise the zoom to 125% (You can only choose 100% or 125%, there is no higher, lower or in between) it sets my windows back to normal, or so it seems.

Image 3:
    When I opened up the ZIP opener, I noticed that the text is significantly more blurred than what it usually is, as if it has been zoomed in. This is when I decided I couldn't just leave the settings how they were and needed a solution.

Image 4: This is what it looked like when I brought back the settings to 100%. which turned everything back smaller.

Image 5: This is what it looks like when everything is smaller (settings say 100%). However, I am very confident that before this whole situation happened, the size was always set to 100%.

Image 6: When I switch it to 125%, all the sizes on my laptop switch back to normal, however some windows and/or pop ups have icons and text appear to be blurred or zoomed in. And also, YES I signed in and out multiple times. The red text only referred to a few windows. For example, when I switch it back and forth between 100% and 125%, Chrome will zoom in and out, but PowerPoint will remain the same size as when I last signed in/out. (This signing out part is not my problem though)

I appreciate any help with solving the problem, thanks so much!

:)

haileyoaks, Jul 9, 2017

2. 10 up-grade - Size of icons

Mine were smaller initially on my laptop but they suddenly changed to a larger size and I can't get them back to the smaller size that they used to be when the program first loaded up. Can you help me figure out why this happened all of a sudden? Thank
    you for your help! Sincerely, Mebuddhist.

mebuddhist01, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Appearance on screen

Everything on my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 laptop suddenly increased in size and it has gone quite blurry. I have gone to Settings but that has not fixed the problem. How do I revert back to as it was. The increase in size is for everything - icons, words,
    wallpaper - everything

AshSmith1957, Jul 9, 2017
  4. me75006 Win User

Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

You might look at the driver for whatever video device/display adapter you have.
    Look in the Device Manager/

me75006, Jul 9, 2017
  5. It says I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeFore GT 720M.

haileyoaks, Jul 9, 2017
  6. me75006 Win User
    Guessing that there are no yellow exclamation marks, indicating a problem.
    Next you would find the Control panel settings/Software. for your NVIDEA GeForce GT 720 , and begin exploring through the settings it has available.

You may want to google that video adapter for manufacturers support forum.

me75006, Jul 9, 2017
  7. simpk5 Win User
    Assuming you have a scroll wheel mouse.... Click on desktop, hold control key down and scroll the mouse wheel. Anything change? (Sorry, only works with a mouse, not a trackpad).

simpk5, Jul 10, 2017
  8. Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

I tried using the scroll but it only changed my desktop icons. It's kinda useless to me since the actual windows are still sized wrong, but thanks for the help anyways.

haileyoaks, Jul 17, 2017
  9. simpk5 Win User
    Sorry it didn't help.
    Do you have an "Intel Graphics" entry in your control panel? If so, could you try the settings there to see if anything changes?

simpk5, Jul 18, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

1. Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size - Similar Threads - Everything laptop has

2. Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint: All in one go, my screen took on a greenish tint, affecting everything all apps, desktop, etc.; e.g., in the toolbar, the Google Chrome icon has a pale blue center dot, but is surrounded by three shades of green, not red/green yellow; and the fox in the Firefox icon is green...
  3. Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint: All in one go, my screen took on a greenish tint, affecting everything all apps, desktop, etc.; e.g., in the toolbar, the Google Chrome icon has a pale blue center dot, but is surrounded by three shades of green, not red/green yellow; and the fox in the Firefox icon is green...
  4. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?: I have an HP EliteBook 8470p with a really low res display. I just bought it as a secondary beat-around laptop for stuff I don't want to use my MacBook for (outside mostly as a music streaming laptop). Problem: Everything is so damn huge on the crappy screen, there is barely...
  5. smaller screen size

in Windows 10 Customization
    smaller screen size: Will your next update fix the smaller size information on computer screen caused by upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-screen-size/77608d4e-63af-4d28-8d7e-1e4b7d048f00
  6. Printing images in smaller size

Printing images in smaller size: I can not print my pictures smaller all of a sudden, preview unavailable?? Any ideas please? ***Modified title from: Printing*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-images-in-smaller-size/f22eb898-3d01-4a90-842d-0a6b7becbba4
  7. Windows 10 - everything has expanded in size

Windows 10 - everything has expanded in size: My apps, cursor, taskbar, browser, everything really, randomly got incredibly big after I launched a game recently. Changing the resolution did not seem to help, and the app scaling was still at the recommended. When I open full screen on certain other games it seems to be...
  8. Text size looks smaller

Text size looks smaller: Hi, I have an issue in my application e.g. Autocad products, as text sizes look smaller than normal hence difficult to read. Does someone experience like me? If yes, how to fix this? Thank you...
  9. Page sizes smaller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page sizes smaller: OOPS...forgot one other thing. My g-mail,, etc pages are smaller. When I enlarged them, the 'maximize, minimize and x' are not displayed. I need all the help I can get....sorry!...
  10. File size gets smaller

File size gets smaller: I’m scanning in slides which come out at 29MP, I edit them in Microsoft Photos but when I save they are reduced to 5MP and lose quality. How can I keep the size and quality?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everything suddenly smaller on laptop