Windows 10: Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

Discus and support Everything in task manager spikes at start-up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Lately I've been having some problems with my pc being slow and not functioning properly. I've done a benchmark and It shows my SSD, which holds my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luwalaa, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

Lately I've been having some problems with my pc being slow and not functioning properly.

I've done a benchmark and It shows my SSD, which holds my windows10, is performing poorly. So what I wonder is how it affects games and such on my HDD? I'll make up a senario -

Starting up a game, the launch screen is fine, I press start and I come to the character selection. This is where things start to lag. Tabbing out makes the game freeze, If I do tab out and go to my web browser, then the browser takes longer to load.

Even other apps such as Steam and Spotify takes longer to load, and neither of them are placed on my SSD. I've tried performing a Clean Boot, but even tho I do it correctly, most programs seem to start up anyway.

I recently downloaded Malwarebytes to look for suspicious programs or files (downloaded after having the mentioned problems), and there's an old, removed program, which appearently is trying to change my main web browser to

submitted by
    /u/Luwalaa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luwalaa, Oct 4, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 4, 2020
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

task manager

Hi Rebecca,

We'd like to know more information about this Task Manager issue you're experiencing. For us to better assist and isolate this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error messages?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

1. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up - Similar Threads - Everything task manager

2. CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed: Hi, how can i solve CPU usage spiking up when task manager is closed? I already tried scanning for malware with a lot of tools and i tried to start the pc in clean mode to see wich program is causing the issue but even with clean mode boot up the cpu still spikes up. Thanks...
  3. CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed: Hi, how can i solve CPU usage spiking up when task manager is closed? I already tried scanning for malware with a lot of tools and i tried to start the pc in clean mode to see wich program is causing the issue but even with clean mode boot up the cpu still spikes up. Thanks...
  4. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  5. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  6. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph: Why are there spikes in Task Manager Performance graph and most of the time 100% CPU Usage?** original title: Windows ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikes-in-task-manager-performance-graph/84d3bb44-baaf-4ef6-8bbe-14bb50198c97
  8. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph: Why are there spikes in Task Manager Performance graph and most of the time 100% CPU Usage?** original title: Windows ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikes-in-task-manager-performance-graph/84d3bb44-baaf-4ef6-8bbe-14bb50198c97
  9. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows start up and task manager

Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....