Windows 10: EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?

Discus and support EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; FWIW - I did agree with you, but then I changed my mind. I upgraded to one of the 9xxx builds from Win8.1 (on a Samsung system that had troubles with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, May 7, 2015.

1. usasma Win User

EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?

FWIW - I did agree with you, but then I changed my mind.
    I upgraded to one of the 9xxx builds from Win8.1 (on a Samsung system that had troubles with Win8.1)
    Then I've upgraded to the various 100xx builds until I arrived at 10074

I had many, many problems and was getting desperate enough to consider a return to 8.1
    But I tried uninstalling programs that seems to be acting oddly (mostly the developer tools and MalwareBytes AntiExploit), and removed other programs that I no longer use.

Now it's rock steady for me and I really like it.

usasma, May 8, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

If it bugs you, why do you continue to read post about people having bugs?

Winuser, May 8, 2015
  3. brummyfan Win User
    What's the point of a TP without bugs?*Confused

brummyfan, May 8, 2015
  4. Marron Win User

Ok. I'll tell you, but I still think a simple "It's broken" would be more appropriate.
    I try to login, and it stays on the "Welcome" screen for two hours, doing nothing. It seemed to be "just broken".
    I hit the "restart" button, and it stays like that a LOONG time. Had to force shut down from the power button. Seemed to be "just broken".
    I try to switch applications by clicking some icons on the taskbar. It usually works, but sometimes it just doesn't wanna switch. Odly enough, the taskbar is actually responsive and there is a "light" feedback of clicking, but the selected program doesn't come up (or become active).
    In the windows update, the "downloading updates" freezes at 99%. Seemed to be "just broken".

Anyway, when I say 'It broke' it's probably just something like that. They are things that "just broke" but are not severe enough for me to try and ask about them here.

PS: Everything is now flawless after the blue screen. I have no idea why that is though ...

Marron, May 8, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    That's like prunes without worms.

6. And this is why it is so hard for MS. Windows has to work on all sorts of hardware configurations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're running Win10 in a VM on an Apple machine - is that correct? The hardware in Apple machines is more constrained and the VM emulates the hardware. This might be protecting you from some of the nastier bugs.

10.074 is far more stable that any of the previous 10.xxx drops - it had to be, they showcased it at Build.
    That does not mean that there are no bugs ... lots of things still crash or hang (store apps are constantly needing attention, usually an update solve the issue, unlike before where you had to reregister, reset, uninstall, and who knows what other steps....)

MS seems to have moved to a more normal update process. We might not get more builds, only roll-ups. This would signal how close they are to the RTM / Current Build release (love how MS thinks standard nomenclature is outdated and replaces it with something meaningless and ambiguous - what was wrong with RTM anyway ... current build means ..... ??? - of well, it's they're ball)

Are you feeling left out Lee. I can share some of the bugs on my machine with you *Wink

Bill

Slartybart, May 8, 2015
  7. Glad to hear it got sorted ... first time I heard that a BSOD was a good thang *Wink

Slartybart, May 8, 2015
  8. LittleJay Win User

Probably a good thing W10 will be a free upgrade. That way if it doesn't run well on certain hardware, at least the operator can re-install the previous OS and not be out the cost of the upgrade, like with previous Windows releases.

LittleJay, May 9, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    The answer to why is always. . ."Why Not". . .*Smile

10. CountMike New Member
    Ow shucks, you had to mention worms !!! I like eating prunes....

CountMike, May 9, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Oh sure, there are bugs but so there are bugs in any OS, any windows for sure. Still show up on W7, W8.1 and other ones too. Anybody thinking there will be no bugs even on release version are just plain optimists.
    I don't know why are some people surprised to find them on an essentially beta OS ?. It's actually fun to chase them down and find fixes and runarounds. That's mostly why we signed up for and also to learn and be ready when final version shows up.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ? - Similar Threads - EVERYTHING bugged Same

2. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: Hi there, I am a programmer and IT technician who has been using Windows since the early 90s CDs. I noticed that Windows 11 is experiencing new issues that have never occurred in Microsoft history!1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4....
  3. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: 1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4. Another instance was created with the name of explorer.exe5. Close Explorer by clicking the X windows6. explorer.exe remains open7. Repeat steps above 8. Resulting into a phenomenal line of dozens or...
  4. Mouse and keyboard bug out at the same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard bug out at the same time: Using Windows 10, sometimes, when I'm doing basic things going through files, maybe playing videogames my mouse and keyboard bug: my mouse starts being weird example: when I click on the "search" button on Google it says I have to save "download.html" file and my keyboard...
  5. Mouse and keyboard bug out at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard bug out at the same time: Using Windows 10, sometimes, when I'm doing basic things going through files, maybe playing videogames my mouse and keyboard bug: my mouse starts being weird example: when I click on the "search" button on Google it says I have to save "download.html" file and my keyboard...
  6. Mouse and keyboard bug out at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is this bug the same repeated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this bug the same repeated: I suffered from the "USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working in Windows 10 at Startup Screen picture, date, time, but not the login text box" bug in 9/2020 see...
  8. This Pc folder same name and everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This Pc folder same name and everything: [IMG]i need help they are all the same folder to the same destination and it won't change I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-folder-same-name-and-everything/f780c6ca-f048-41a7-b89d-9001ae7ed142"
  9. Windows.Old Bugging everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows.Old Bugging everything: So I bought a new processor and Motherboard and I installed them smoothly. It ran windows without a problem except it needed to reset (probably because of the new drivers). When it finished it was ok but then I decided to delete the Windows.Old folder and follow the...
  10. Edge's extensions page bug, do you have the same problem?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge's extensions page bug, do you have the same problem?: Hi all, yesterday I updated to Windows 10 1609, the first thing I did was to test the new extensions page on Edge but when I open the menu a black screen appear and disappear, when I click on an extensions (for example: AdBlock) it's like if I never opened the extension...