Windows 10: Everything is confused in boot

Discus and support Everything is confused in boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK so issue is difficult so ill describe event. Went to bed, powered off computer as usual. Went to turn it on in the morning, green screen. Fltmgr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MysterP, Feb 24, 2019.

1. MysterP Win User

Everything is confused in boot

OK so issue is difficult so ill describe event.

Went to bed, powered off computer as usual. Went to turn it on in the morning, green screen. Fltmgr File System was the stop code. Contacted Microsoft support in 3 different chats. That was no help as i think they Google everything. Now when i investigate i can get a USB to windows and get to command prompt. Using this i open notepad and then click file<open from there instead of looking for a txt file i click the drop down and all files.

My drives have changed letter. Where before C:\ was my os, as I'm sure everyone's is normally. I think hmm weirs. Back to cmd, this time diskpart. Sure enough everything is changed. So i proceed with changing them back.

Then i got my trusty parted magic booted to confirm the drives were changed. while creating the boot drive, i thought i would snoop a little more for the logs, so my issue is i cannot boot, i cannot edit bcd to fix the issue, there was no new programs, hardware or changes to location. Microsoft is no help. I have programs that cannot be backed up to reinstall the os. I believe that bcdboot can fix enough to boot at least once, but i cannot find any help.

Anyone have this issue and know how to fix and keep all info and programs? I have 4x 4tb hdd that i would prefer not to have to cypher thru files of to get everything .

:)

MysterP, Feb 24, 2019
  2. A Monell Win User

confused about selecting boot device

This is good information but I am confused about step 2 below. Wouldn't I need to select whatever device, USB or DVD, the install media is on at this point and not how I want the final install to boot?
    Thanks,and sorry for dragging up an old post but it had most of the info I was looking for.

It is up to you whether you want to install Windows using MBR or GPT and you need to set the option in the BIOS for MBR or GPT style installation.

Having said that. Here's the steps:
    1. Disconnect all HD/SSD except the one you will be installing Windows
    2. From the boot menu, Select #1 for GPT or select #2 for MBR to boot up the Windows Installation
      Attachment 29081
      NOTE: The screen is an example and might look different from yours
    3. Once the Windows Installation started. On the first screen, Press and hold SHIFT Key + F10, a command Windows will popup then type:
      - diskpart
      - select disk 0
      - Clean
      - Exit
      - Exit
    4. Click Next to continue.
    5. Select Custom
    6. Select the first unallocated partition and click next. Windows will create all needed partitions to install Windows 10
    7. Follow all the rest of the instruction to complete.

MBR installation:
    1. 500MB System Reserved partition
    2. C: Drive
    GPT installation:
    1. 450MB recovery partition
    2. 100MB EFI System Partition
    3. 16MB MSR partition
    4. C drive.
    [/QUOTE]

A Monell, Feb 24, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Everything is confused in boot

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Everything is confused in boot

1. Everything is confused in boot - Similar Threads - Everything confused boot

2. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  3. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  4. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My system"updated" and everything has changed. It is very confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My system"updated" and everything has changed. It is very confusing: I hate that Microsoft decides what changes it wants to make. It seems I didn't buy a system -I'm just paid for the privilege of being a test user for them 1The start button only responds to a right-click 2the start button no longer opens a menu of programs to choose...
  6. Confusing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confusing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BaldiGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffm73l/confusing/
  7. confused

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    confused: when changing the lock screen to a photo how do I make it fit the screen, the way its showing now is way to big, it's like it's been zoomed in really bad!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused/3aff399e-8a74-4911-afbb-93d3d840671f
  8. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.: My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The...
  9. Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD): So tech people.I am confused.You see first of all in most settings in my UEFI my SSD is recognized except one in Storeage Configuration if I remember correctly.Anywho ive done some settings here and there and when i boot it asks me if i want it to be from HDD or SSD. I Boot...
  10. Totally confused! Everything is slow!

in Windows 10 Support
    Totally confused! Everything is slow!: I am running windows 10 on an older machine. All browsers are super slow and lag all the time regardless of internet connection speed. A lot of my programs lag as well and if they connect to the internet they often have connectivity issues. What one earth is going on? Only...