Windows 10: Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse

Discus and support Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen which is set for 3 minutes, everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ditendra, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Ditendra Win User

Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse

Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen which is set for 3 minutes, everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and only thing that helps is a mouse click. It goes back to normal and shows that what I was typing actually got typed. So basically it seems like computer screen freezes after monitor sleep wake up. At first it was my fault because of some recent installs or something, but today my wife told me that she also has this exact problem and the only common our computers have are Windows updates which we always keep them latest ones. Is anyone else having the same problem? My build is this:

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, installed on ‎2020-‎06-‎12 -- OS build 19042.782 -- Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

Ditendra, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Zozo17 Win User

Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep

Hi All,

Just an update on my frozen mouse upon wake from sleep issue. I carried out each of the steps below and tested after each one:

1. ensured that my motherboard chipset and BIOS are up to date
    2. for each USB Root Hub I ensured that 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' was unchecked
    3. for each USB device (mouse and wireless Xbox One adapter) I ensured that the computer would not power off these devices
    4. for the Balanced Power mode I disabled the USB Adaptive Suspend mode

Even after all of the steps above, my frozen mouse issue would not go away. My last resort was to try the original USB mouse that shipped with the computer. Immediately after connecting this mouse the issue no longer remained, the computer would wake from sleep and the mouse would work fine.

Based on this information, my belief is that I have a faulty mouse. Is there anything else I'm missing to troubleshoot?

Thank you.

Zozo17, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Zozo17 Win User
    Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep

Hi All,

I just recently received my new Alienware Aurora R5 desktop computer and I'm having issues with my SteelSeries Sensei wired mouse freezing after waking the computer from sleep. This includes the CPI high/low button not responding after waking from sleep even though all LEDs on the mouse are on.

The only way to resolve the freezing issue is to either unplug the mouse and plug it back in or restart the computer. However, once back in sleep mode (either via the balanced power profile or using the sleep option) the mouse will freeze again on the Windows login page.

The issue seems to have started when I installed my wireless Xbox One adapter for Windows. Prior to the adapter being plugged in, the mouse LEDs would remain lit when putting the computer into sleep mode. After I installed the adapter the mouse LEDs are no longer lit when in sleep mode. When using the mouse to wake the computer, there are times when the mouse LEDs are flashing and times when the LEDs are normal; in both cases however, the mouse is frozen.

My mouse and Xbox One adapter are plugged into my USB 2.0 ports, I have tried different USB ports including USB 3.0 ports and front USB ports but the issue remains. I have also reviewed all of my power profile settings including the USB adaptive suspend mode and HID wake settings but to no avail.

I had the exact same issue with my Xbox One wireless adapter and Sensei mouse on an Alienware X51 Windows 10 PC. No matter what I do, I'm unable to solve this issue, any input would be greatly appreciated as this is frustrating.

Zozo17, Feb 5, 2021
  4. LesFarkas Win User

Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Thanks Prakhar for your reply.

As indicated in my post, it is the monitor, not the PC that I am having trouble keeping it in sleep mode.

I have set the monitor to sleep at one minute. When it does, it wakes immediately. Something is waking it up.

Your suggestion to untick the mouse & keyboard "Allow this device to wake the computer" did not work, however if I remove the mouse/keyboard dongle, the monitor stays asleep. I have changed batteries, removed batteries from mouse/keyboard,
    so they do not work but still the monitor wakes right-away.

Since the transceiver is in a USB 3.0 port, could this be a related problem?

Regards

Les

LesFarkas, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse - Similar Threads - Everything frozen monitor

2. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  3. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep: Currently running 1809, but this happens on latest stable and even insider preview versions. I hit sleep, and the PC goes into sleep mode normally, in about 2 seconds. However, when I go to wake it up from sleep, the PC turns on and the case RGB lights up and everything,...
  4. After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen: Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much...
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  6. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  8. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep: Hi All, I just recently received my new Alienware Aurora R5 desktop computer and I'm having issues with my SteelSeries Sensei wired mouse freezing after waking the computer from sleep. This includes the CPI high/low button not responding after waking from sleep even though...