Windows 10: Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

Discus and support Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NightsXZ, Jul 19, 2016.

1. NightsXZ Win User

Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at 1920x1080.

The only things I did were disconnect a second monitor I am now using for my laptop and click ease of access and the magnifier button before logging into windows. I have checked ease of access through ctrl+alt+del and checked the magnifier settings and it should be off. Everything is set to 100% though and I don't see anything that would be making the entire screen larger or to appear as if I was at a lower resolution. This is a desktop not a laptop with bloatware or any fn key.

What I've done: I've tweaked the resolution several times and it did not fix it. I've checked ease of access and see nothing that would magnify my screen. I've done a system restore to a few days before this problem and it did not fix it. I've gone to my 1080p television(monitor in my case) settings and adjusted how it displays the image either full or dot by dot which will for lower resolution programs(usually old games) will display only a small window in the center of the screen while everything else is black.

What I will do: I will uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them again but I have not as of writing this.

I have included a screen shot and I appreciate any response or attempted help.

:)

NightsXZ, Jul 19, 2016

2. Everything is stretched, huge and poor resolution since Windows 10 upgrade

This did not work for me either. I hope Microsoft does an update soon to correct.

Notsureaboutthis63, Jul 19, 2016
  3. lorih5 Win User
    Everything is stretched, huge and poor resolution since Windows 10 upgrade

Thanks! I did see that when I was trying to resolve the issue but it didn't work. But I'll keep this in mind if anything happens again.

lorih5, Jul 19, 2016
  4. VBJP Win User

Check
    Settings>System>Display
    Change the size of text, apps, and other items slider

Thema:

1. Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution - Similar Threads - Everything huge 1080p

2. Can VGA support 1080p resolution over 100hz.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can VGA support 1080p resolution over 100hz.: I have a PC which has only one VGA port and I am planning to buy a monitor for it so I am confused whether if I buy a 100hz FHD monitor will my windows PC would be able to utilise it over its maximum capacity or not...
  3. Is there a way to remove this 1080p resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove this 1080p resolution?: [ATTACH] This is not a custom resolution created by me, and also aren't DSR(Nvidia) or VSR(AMD, and this last one is disabled in my Radeon Adrenalin settings)...
  4. Everything on 1080p Monitor Enlarged

Everything on 1080p Monitor Enlarged: Alright so i'm not really sure what is happeneing with my new main monitor but ever since changing from my 4k Samsung to a 1080p 144hz 1ms monitor evrything is now enlarged. I've tried everything from Display settings to scaling to the Nvidia Control Panel as well as a system...
  5. How to Screenshot 1080p and 4K resolutions on Windows 10?

How to Screenshot 1080p and 4K resolutions on Windows 10?: I was watching a youtube video and I saw a scene where I would lke to screen shot and make into my wallpaper, is there anyway I can screen shot it in 4K, since when I use ctrl+ prtSc or the snipping tool it gives the picture in 720p or lower. Help submitted by /u/oiFMo...
  6. Please help everything is huge

Please help everything is huge: Everything is big and it wont let me change it the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items is greyed out :( I don’t know what to do... submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo7qt/please_help_everything_is_huge/
  7. 2nd Monitor Resolution is off even if configured at 1080p

2nd Monitor Resolution is off even if configured at 1080p: Hello and good day. Hope someone can help me. I am new to win10, and am having a hard time adapting. Can’t believe I am having trouble on everything I used to do without any problems in win 7. Currently I want to connect a Samsung TV to my hdmi output. If the two displays...
  8. Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution: For anyone who has the shutdown problem in which your screen may go off moments after you click on shut down but the computer does not actually turn off for a few minutes as indicated by the power indicator light staying on for a few minutes, you may want to try and switch...
  9. 4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!: I connected my PC to my 1080p TV and when I went to the setting I saw that 3840x2160 resolution is available, even at 60 Hz. How is that possible? It's even through a VGA cabel, which supports a maximum res. of 2048x1536. Last time I connected the TV the maximum res....
  10. Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change resolution to 1080p or update driver: I cant change my resolution at all and ive gone to the geforce site to update my driver and it keeps failing to install it any help? These are my current specs: Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU AMD FX-4100 33 °C Zambezi 32nm Technology RAM 8.00GB...