Windows 10: Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Discus and support Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically my windows is slowly falling apart, small things stop working over time for example when I right click on a file to check its properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/memehomeostasis, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Basically my windows is slowly falling apart, small things stop working over time for example when I right click on a file to check its properties nothings opens. I didnt care but now I pretty much cant use my pc.

1. sfc /scannow doesnt work anymore ("Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I cant change Windows Module Installers startup type to manual because I cant open its properties in services.msc)
    2. half of the links in control panel are dead (e.g. I cant open PATH and system variables),
    3. I cant open realtek to control my sound,
    4. I cant update windows either (error 0x8000ffff)

https://www.techspot.com/guides/1764-windows-repair-keep-all-your-files-intact/ <-- this didnt work (an error pops up at the end "windows 10 instsasllation has failed."). At this point Im just thinking of a clean reinstall, do you think It will solve my problems?

submitted by /u/memehomeostasis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/memehomeostasis, Dec 27, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

How to use Speech Recognition in Windows

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do? [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

1. Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Everything screwed beyond

2. Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do: I'm on Windows 10 Home.I've been having problems with my keyboard since late last year. Here are some of themsome keys input two letters/characters. e.g pressing Shift + P inputs P, Shift + O inputs O> , Shift + I inputs <I and so ontying in all caps even when the caps lock...
  3. Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do: I'm on Windows 10 Home.I've been having problems with my keyboard since late last year. Here are some of themsome keys input two letters/characters. e.g pressing Shift + P inputs P, Shift + O inputs O> , Shift + I inputs <I and so ontying in all caps even when the caps lock...
  4. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  5. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  6. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  7. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  8. Might've screwed Windows Firewall permissions. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Might've screwed Windows Firewall permissions. What can I do?: I think I might've changed some permissions by mistake while I was trying to allow one specific app to go through the Firewall. In the case I disabled something I need, would I get the prompt again once I try to use the app online? Edit: What if I change the name of the app...
  9. Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?: Hey guys, I just updated my Windows 10, not sure to what version as I just presses install without looking. Now my settings, search bar, and I don't know what else, doesn't work, I can't check the version of windows, i can't get into the recovery settings. The mouse wheel is...
  10. What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?: I just bought an HP 15-ab143cl, refurbished by HP. It arrived today. I want to swap hard drives. I was removing the back, following the instructions in the manual from the HP website, and I am instructed to remove these "screws." I try my phillips screwdriver. No luck....