Windows 10: Everything is So Slow!!!

Discus and support Everything is So Slow!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I purchased a Windows 10 HP laptop back in March. I moved out of my parents place in the middle of April and did not go back to get the rest of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsjuliamaybe, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Everything is So Slow!!!

I purchased a Windows 10 HP laptop back in March. I moved out of my parents place in the middle of April and did not go back to get the rest of my things until today. I'm so happy I finally got my laptop back, but when I went to turn it on everything was so slow. I'm assuming it's because I left it dead for so long, but I do not want to reset anything on it. I'm currently trying to remove the apps I do not need for better speed and performance. However, when I went to uninstall IMVU (sketchy gaming app I should not have installed in the first place) it only goes halfway then stops uninstalling. The bar just does not move. I waited an hour and got impatient. I'm currently restarting my laptop and it's still "working on updates". I'm hoping that helps speed up the process a little. My questions are: Is there anything I should do before I go to uninstall the unnecessary apps so it doesn't take forever? What apps that came with Windows 10 and my HP laptop should I delete for better performance? Any free or cheap programs I should install for better performance?

Any advice, tips or tricks will help! As you can see, I'm not tech savvy in the slightest and to be honest I plan to use this laptop for only Sims and occasional online shopping. Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/itsjuliamaybe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsjuliamaybe, Nov 26, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Everything is So Slow!!!

System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Everything is So Slow!!!

1. Everything is So Slow!!! - Similar Threads - Everything Slow

2. I tried to fix slow downloads and made everything worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to fix slow downloads and made everything worse: I've been seeing really slow upload speeds on my desktop, around 1-2 Mbps. Its connected by Ethernet directly to my Xfinity router. All the other devices work amazing and as expected. I did a bunch of random fixes to see if I could boost it. I didn't boost my upload, but I...
  3. I tried to fix slow downloads and made everything worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to fix slow downloads and made everything worse: I've been seeing really slow upload speeds on my desktop, around 1-2 Mbps. Its connected by Ethernet directly to my Xfinity router. All the other devices work amazing and as expected. I did a bunch of random fixes to see if I could boost it. I didn't boost my upload, but I...
  4. I tried to fix slow downloads and made everything worse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have a 7 year old HP Laptop which is very very slow. Have tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 7 year old HP Laptop which is very very slow. Have tried everything: I have a 7 year old, reasonably Hi-Spec HP 17" Laptop. 4th Gen Core i7 processor, 16Gb RAM, 1TB Hard Drive. Running a recent iteration of Windows 10. too old for a Win 11 upgrade It is unusably slow to boot or to open programmes. I have run Norton Power Eraser...nothing...
  6. I have a 7 year old HP Laptop which is very very slow. Have tried everything

I have a 7 year old HP Laptop which is very very slow. Have tried everything: I have a 7 year old, reasonably Hi-Spec HP 17" Laptop. 4th Gen Core i7 processor, 16Gb RAM, 1TB Hard Drive. Running a recent iteration of Windows 10. too old for a Win 11 upgrade It is unusably slow to boot or to open programmes. I have run Norton Power Eraser...nothing...
  7. I have a 7 year old HP Laptop which is very very slow. Have tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I accidentally set my virtual memory to very high and now everything is super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my virtual memory to very high and now everything is super slow: i cant do anything when window open. i tried to go in the window virtual memory and change back but i cant because it load too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-set-my-virtual-memory-to-very-high/803207f1-8c30-4ab9-b6b4-c2e0796e34a5
  9. I accidentally set my virtual memory to very high and now everything is super slow

I accidentally set my virtual memory to very high and now everything is super slow: i cant do anything when window open. i tried to go in the window virtual memory and change back but i cant because it load too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-set-my-virtual-memory-to-very-high/803207f1-8c30-4ab9-b6b4-c2e0796e34a5
  10. I accidentally set my virtual memory to very high and now everything is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging