Windows 10: Everything is starting in suspended mode

Discus and support Everything is starting in suspended mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Most programs i am trying to start on my PC are launching suspended as shown in my task manager which means they are not opening. This all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wolfleader., Oct 23, 2020.

1. Everything is starting in suspended mode

Hi,

Most programs i am trying to start on my PC are launching suspended as shown in my task manager which means they are not opening. This all happened after my PC blue screened and the drive letters changed for my 2 SSD's except C Drive.

One apps that are on the startup seem to open such as discord. I did manage to get some things to open however i am still having major problems. Disk management is also stuck on connecting to virtual disk service so i cannot change drive letters back.

When i press restart it sits on restart and doesn't ever actually restart, i have to hold down the power button to fix it.

I really dont want to have to reset as i have over 2TB of files.

:)

Wolfleader., Oct 23, 2020
  2. andele Win User

Set Core/Mem Settings after return from suspend mode

Hello,

thanks for this great Tool. There is one more suggestion:

If the system returns from suspend mode, the Core/Mem settings are not set by the AtiTool. So you have to set the frequencies manually every time. It would be great to have an option like for the system reboot, that AtiTool sets the frequencies to a given value.

An alternative would be if the frequencies could be set by command line parameters, so I could launch AtiTool after return from suspend automatically.

To react after return from suspend you could implement a handler for the WM_POWERBROADCAST message and test wparam for PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND.

Thanks

André

andele, Oct 23, 2020
  3. mikelieb Win User
    ATITool fan control after suspend mode

Hi

I'm using ATITool 0.27b4 only for fan adjusting on a Club3d CGAX-3872DDO (3870). Everything works just fine, but if I put Windows into suspend mode for saving energy, the fan settings are lost after awakening. I must open ATITool from the tray, go to fan control and reload the fan values.

Any way to continue with the same values after a suspend mode?

Hope, my english is OK...

Thanks and cheers
    Mike

mikelieb, Oct 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Everything is starting in suspended mode

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Everything is starting in suspended mode

1. Everything is starting in suspended mode - Similar Threads - Everything starting suspended

2. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  3. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  4. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs start in Suspended and then crash

Programs start in Suspended and then crash: I recently forced close a game that was frozen. I tried to restart the game but it starts in suspended mode on the task manager and then crashes. This also happens to other games and some windows processes device manager, event viewer, msconfig. This happened once and I...
  6. Laptop not entering suspend mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not entering suspend mode: Hello, I have a new Dell Latitude 5401 laptop with an i7 processor running Windows 10. I've found that using its suspend mode does not work properly when the power adaptor is plugged in - it seems to stay hot with the fan running for at least many minutes on a large fraction...
  7. Everything I open gets suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything I open gets suspended: Whenever I open something, it gets suspended in task manager. I can't sign out, because if I do, it gets forever stuck on a loading screen. Same with shutting it down. I can't open Roblox without it making Firefox unresponsive completely until I end task on it, and after a...
  8. Configure suspend mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure suspend mode: How could I configure my Windows 10 PC so that it is not placed in suspension mode more and more since it is annoying that it is doing anything in it and going to suspend mode without prior notice. Please help me....
  9. bsod after suspend mode

bsod after suspend mode: Everytime my computer cames from suspend mode most on the times is freezes and i cant do nothing , no keyboard or mouse, after a while it gets the bsod but nothing is created in c:/windows/minidump but in c/windows/livekernelreports with a large file. i need someone to...
  10. Windows 10 suspended mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 suspended mode: Hi, i just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and i am having probem with the switch off and suspend. When i close the cover the Windows should suspend and when i open it turn the computer on but waht happen is i close the cover and the computer won´t fully suspend i can still...