Windows 10: Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

Discus and support Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I logged into my computer the other day and noticed everything is underlined and opens with a single click. After checking the obvious (folder options)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beauford2021, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

I logged into my computer the other day and noticed everything is underlined and opens with a single click. After checking the obvious (folder options) with no success I searched for alternative answers. I have tried half a dozen registry hacks, removing recent updates, removing recent Lenovo updater, virus scans, hard drive scans, I even removed the Open Shell Menu to see if it got messed up. Unfortunately I don't have a restore point.

Does anyone have any ideas other that what I have already come up with doing Google searches. I really hate to have to reinstall Windows for something like this.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Thanks

:)

beauford2021, Mar 1, 2021

2. enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi Dallas,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start Menu and click on
      Settings

• Choose Ease of Access.

• Click on Keyboard and turn on Enable shortcut underlines in
      Other Settings on right pane.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

1. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal? - Similar Threads - Everything underlined normal

2. How do I get everything back on Windows ten?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get everything back on Windows ten?: I turned on my pc this morning and when I logged into my account everything was gone! When I put in the password it loads and says preparing windows. I don’t know what to do and I’m really just panicking! I need to know how to get everything back....
  3. How do I get everything back on Windows ten?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get everything back on Windows ten?: I turned on my pc this morning and when I logged into my account everything was gone! When I put in the password it loads and says preparing windows. I don’t know what to do and I’m really just panicking! I need to know how to get everything back....
  4. How do I get everything back on Windows ten?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Orange screen - How do I get back to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orange screen - How do I get back to normal?: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. When I sign on the screen is orange. Otherwise everything sems normal, but the orange color is extremely annoying. I've tried doing a system restore to before the latest windows update, have turned off the night light feature, and...
  6. How do I get this back to the normal desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this back to the normal desktop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pvang015 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imsngt/how_do_i_get_this_back_to_the_normal_desktop/
  7. How the HECK do I get Windows Font back to normal!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How the HECK do I get Windows Font back to normal!?: How do I get the font back to normal? Suddently the font in stuff like webpages turned to this font that hurts my eyes.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-heck-do-i-get-windows-font-back-to-normal/d7be9b37-5394-4213-8a6f-3e93b5fced79
  8. How do I get windows 10 back to normal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get windows 10 back to normal?: So one day my son comes back from school and tries to login/ add his account form school, and somehow changes the normale windows 10 into windows 10 education. So now I have the active windows on the bottom right of the screen. I also can't seem to find product key. If any...
  9. How to get normal calculator back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get normal calculator back?: I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator? Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work. If that can't be done, does...
  10. Everything Is Underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything Is Underlined: Hello; My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes; Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it alone as I had other things to do first, as I continued "Windows Defender" popped up In a very red box saying Trojan...