Windows 10: Everything is working as it should but my windows 10 laptop says "no internet" even though...

Discus and support Everything is working as it should but my windows 10 laptop says "no internet" even though... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am posting this question and also the answer as it caused me no end of frustration! The cause of my issue was a bit of left over software lurking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joe_M_M, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Joe_M_M Win User

Everything is working as it should but my windows 10 laptop says "no internet" even though...

I am posting this question and also the answer as it caused me no end of frustration!

The cause of my issue was a bit of left over software lurking in my network adapter settings. In my case it was an old AT&T VPN protocol that remained when I uninstalled the no longer used software. This caused an effective firewall, preventing anything getting to the internet. It could be other old artifacts from AV software like Norton or Symantec. Basically, follow the instructions below.

Open control panel click on start and type control, then select control panel

Control panel > network and sharing centre > change adapter settings on the left

Use the mouse to right click on your connection and when the menu appears, select the bottom item properties with the left mouse button.

This will show a box with the networking tab selected with a "list of following items".

Make sure only these ones have the box ticked.

• Client for Microsoft networks - box ticked
    • File and print sharing for microsoft networks - box ticked
    • QoS packet scheduler - box ticked
    • Internet Protocol Version 4 - box ticked

Make sure anything else appearing on this list does not have the box ticked.

Click [OK] and then [close] buttons.

RESTART do not shutdown and power on this ensures it is a clean boot and the new network configurations are loaded.

See if this gets rid of the "no internet" and then progressively follow the same procedure above enabling one thing at a time until you find the culprit. Then you can either leave the problem item unchecked or remove it completely as I did. In my case, Removing it from one adapter ethernet LAN also removed it from my wireless LAN card configuration too.

:)

Joe_M_M, Mar 2, 2021
  2. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Everything is working as it should but my windows 10 laptop says "no internet" even though...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Everything is working as it should but my windows 10 laptop says "no internet" even though... - Similar Threads - Everything working should

2. My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working: My laptop is a asus zenbook 14. When I went to Youtube and play a video there'd be a spaeker icon on the chrome's tab, and when I test the audio in settings it shows that it's making sound, but there's just no sound coming out. I tried most of the common solution online but...
  3. My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working: My laptop is a asus zenbook 14. When I went to Youtube and play a video there'd be a spaeker icon on the chrome's tab, and when I test the audio in settings it shows that it's making sound, but there's just no sound coming out. I tried most of the common solution online but...
  4. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is not working even though Windows said it should: So after I have downloaded Bootcamp to run Windows on my iMac the Digital Audio Sound and any headphones that use a jack wont give any Sound. It only works if the Audio Device is using an USB or if it is able to connect with Bluetooth. I have already searched for solutions...
  5. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

Sound is not working even though Windows said it should: So after I have downloaded Bootcamp to run Windows on my iMac the Digital Audio Sound and any headphones that use a jack wont give any Sound. It only works if the Audio Device is using an USB or if it is able to connect with Bluetooth. I have already searched for solutions...
  6. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices

Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices: Hi, my problem is as the title is written. On the WiFi tab it says “No internet, open”. On network and internet it says “No internet access. Your device can only access other devices on your local network”. After running troubleshooting it says “Windows can’t communicate with...
  8. Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?: So this started a couple weeks ago, i first noticed that gamepass PC wouldn't work, none of my games were playable and the store wouldn't load, then i notice that the News and Inerests widget on the taskbar just displays "We're having trouble loading your feed." despite me...
  9. No Internet connection icon even though my internet is working

No Internet connection icon even though my internet is working: I am able to surf the net but because the network icon shows "Not Connected - Connections are available", I cant use apps like Zoom or Outlook. I have tried the following solutions but to no avail:1 running the troubleshooter which prompts me to do networking reset. Run it...
  10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.: I am using Windows 10. Recently, my wireless network has been unable to detect internet even though I can still go online. Everything on the browser still works and i can still surf the net. However, apps that runs at the background and microsoft products that rely on the...