Windows 10: Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

Discus and support Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Finbob233 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7v7i4/everything_just_stopped_working_and_i_cant/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Finbob233, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

/u/Finbob233, Aug 11, 2020

2. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

This is not the issue I am having.

It is (on-screen) Start>Power>Shutdown (or Restart) that stops working (or right-click the Start and try those on-screen buttons). For me, only Hibernate appears to work but unlike the normal process, this one takes a very long time. This can be a problem
    when I am leaving to go to work and cannot wait for the process to finish.

WildcatRay, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

little cat, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

1. Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart? - Similar Threads - Everything stopped working

2. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  5. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  6. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows DHCP stopped working and I can't restart it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows DHCP stopped working and I can't restart it: For some reason Windows DHCP service, for both IPv4 and IPv6, bugged by itself in one of my laptops, because the network adapters can't receive correct settings anymore. My gateway is 192.168.1.254, but both wireless and Ethernet adapter are receiving 169.254.1.x local IP and...
  8. My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown: I'm using windows 10 1607. When i click on Restart or Shutdown button my windows has stop working yesterday i downloaded windows update in think of that's solve my problem but restart also needed for updating windows...can anyone help me? and sorry for my English....
  9. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown: I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes. When the laptop restarted there was no active wifi connections, and i found out my wifi network adapters were no longer even present. I...
  10. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...