Windows 10: Everything Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Everything Keeps Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I discovered that the search function in the Start bar is broken. When I click it, it opens and hangs for a second in which I cannot type,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wdya, Jun 25, 2020.

1. wdya Win User

Everything Keeps Crashing

Yesterday I discovered that the search function in the Start bar is broken. When I click it, it opens and hangs for a second in which I cannot type, and then it promptly closes again. I cannot search. I ran the troubleshooter for Windows Search, which recognized that it doesn't work and restarted the service, but nothing changed.

I wanted to give feedback about this, so I went to the Feedback Hub. I could not type in any of the fields. Confused, I clicked into settings, which loaded fine, and then back to the feedback form, at which point the app immediately closed. I tried multiple more times and it always happens this way. First I could not type, and if I tried to reload the forum page, it crashed.

So then my plan was to uninstall and reinstall Feedback Hub. I uninstalled it from the Start menu, then opened Windows Store and searched for it. It came up in the results, so I clicked it, and then Windows Store promptly closed. I have now discovered that trying to load the page for any individual app crashes the Store.

I have now tried Get Help, which crashes the moment it opens.

So as you can imagine, I'm kind of at my wits' end. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all the same problem, but for the life of me I can't imagine what that problem is. I literally just got this laptop yesterday. And it wasn't having these problems until late last night / this morning. I had updated all the way to Windows 10 20H2, and I suppose it's possible that's when this started, but I have already uninstalled that update and rolled back to 19041, which solved nothing.

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Everything Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Everything Keeps Crashing

2. Everything on my PC keeps crashing randomly with "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything on my PC keeps crashing randomly with "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" error: I own this laptop for over a year - Lenovo Legion 5. Solid, powerful machine. It has been running pretty well from the very moment i started it up the first time, but I couldn't help but notice that some games were crashing from time to time - games, which never crashed...
  3. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.: Today I was using Google Chrome as normal, then closed it for around half an hour or so. I then tried to open it again, however, the window opens, then immediately crashes after a second. I have closed all google processes in task manager, I deleted the Google file from...
  4. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.: Today I was using Google Chrome as normal, then closed it for around half an hour or so. I then tried to open it again, however, the window opens, then immediately crashes after a second. I have closed all google processes in task manager, I deleted the Google file from...
  5. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

6. EVERYTHING KEEPS CRASHING WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVERYTHING KEEPS CRASHING WINDOWS 11: EVERY KIND OF APP KEEPS CRASHING ALMOST IMMEDIATELY NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-keeps-crashing-windows-11/d1f1a030-1c23-4b72-9694-febee5ac67a2
  7. EVERYTHING KEEPS CRASHING WINDOWS 11

EVERYTHING KEEPS CRASHING WINDOWS 11: EVERY KIND OF APP KEEPS CRASHING ALMOST IMMEDIATELY NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-keeps-crashing-windows-11/d1f1a030-1c23-4b72-9694-febee5ac67a2
  8. everything keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everything keeps freezing: hey guys, i really need some help, for the past month or so my pc has been freezing randomly, everything, apps, the task bar you have things pinned on, the home screen, all of it, iv'e scanned for virus's multiple times but it still freezes, please help if you can! submitted...
  9. Keep Crashing, tried everything always a new error

Keep Crashing, tried everything always a new error: Latest EventData param10x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8010dafedc5, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffffffffff param2C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP param3f8dd6ab9-f1c8-45ec-925f-18d4263491e7...
  10. Everything crashes..

Everything crashes..: So hello guys ! I am new here and my name is Ognjen. So recently I've got a new PC which has awesome parts as well..but there is on problem which makes me angry sometimes..Well when I try to install Malwarebytes program,it closes immediately.When I try to search for some fix...