Windows 10: EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

Discus and support EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaitlinM1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. KaitlinM1 Win User

EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I have not downloaded anything new so this doesn't make sense). The System Restore solution does not work, it brings me an error that says it cannot retrieve that restore state. This issue just happened today (August 9, 2019) but it was completely fine a week ago. I have no idea why this happened, the only changes I see is that the Microsoft Edge shows up as if Im using it for the first time, and that under the File Explorer > This PC > Users a new folder was made TODAY labeled "TEMP" with all the content inside showing its date modified as today as well. A couple of random programs I had were removed, and some stayed. When I look into my users folder, the missing programs are listed under that folder, and my videos are showing in that folder too, but my photos and everything else are all gone.

My restore point also shows that a "critical" windows update was installed on August 3rd, which was the last time I previously used my computer. It was fine on that today. Logged in today and everything is gone.

I think my pc assumes Im in an temporary account, but I've logged into my usual personal account with no problem, and shows that I am logged in. Or the darn windows update ruined everything, l wouldn't be surprised. Windows updates usually mess something up.

:)

KaitlinM1, Aug 9, 2019

2. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2019
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Unfortunately, after following your instructions, the problem persists.

Vasileios Vlachos, Aug 9, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... - Similar Threads - EVERYTHING computer has

2. I think that my computer has been messed with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think that my computer has been messed with: Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said to do all this go to start open search and type...…..this is what I got now there was a note pad that popped up to can...
  3. Everything is wiped off of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything is wiped off of my laptop: A bad update happened according to the person who looked at my laptop. Nothing works there is a single icon and if you click on it, it is described as not their. It will not connect to internet as it says nothing is nearby (there is). I can not search and windows taskbar...
  4. Update has wiped my entire computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...
  5. ownership of my documents and photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ownership of my documents and photos: I'm troubled that any documents I create on my Lenovo, running Windows 10, and any photos I load in are put somewhere, not in my documents or photos, and then sent to the cloud, where I understand that I have to pay for the storage. I am not able to prevent what I consider...
  6. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...
  7. This has been poping up on my computer a lot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This has been poping up on my computer a lot: [IMG] This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is spyware and a virus on my laptop, and that I visited an illegal website that I would end up in prison for, and asking for my...
  8. I reset my computer completely becaus eit has been lagging really bad

I reset my computer completely becaus eit has been lagging really bad: I reset my computer completely becaus eit has been lagging really bad lately. Its finished and now its telling me to put in a username and password ? I used my microsoft account information but it isnt working. Ive used my number and my email and the only username I’ve ever...
  9. Everything on my computer is blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything on my computer is blurry: All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated (I believe to version 1803), and this wasn't happening until after the update. To specify, when looking at the text and...
  10. Wiped My Computer By Accident

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiped My Computer By Accident: Hi, I have done something really stupid and wiped my hard drives on my Lenovo laptop and now have nothing at all to boot up. For information I was using Mini Tool Partion and thought I was wiping an external hard drive that I had connected via usb. I am looking for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped computer 2019