Windows 10: EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

Discus and support EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaitlinM1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. KaitlinM1 Win User

EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I have not downloaded anything new so this doesn't make sense). The System Restore solution does not work, it brings me an error that says it cannot retrieve that restore state. This issue just happened today (August 9, 2019) but it was completely fine a week ago. I have no idea why this happened, the only changes I see is that the Microsoft Edge shows up as if Im using it for the first time, and that under the File Explorer > This PC > Users a new folder was made TODAY labeled "TEMP" with all the content inside showing its date modified as today as well. A couple of random programs I had were removed, and some stayed. When I look into my users folder, the missing programs are listed under that folder, and my videos are showing in that folder too, but my photos and everything else are all gone.

My restore point also shows that a "critical" windows update was installed on August 3rd, which was the last time I previously used my computer. It was fine on that today. Logged in today and everything is gone.

I think my pc assumes Im in an temporary account, but I've logged into my usual personal account with no problem, and shows that I am logged in. Or the darn windows update ruined everything, l wouldn't be surprised. Windows updates usually mess something up.

:)

KaitlinM1, Aug 9, 2019

2. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2019
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Unfortunately, after following your instructions, the problem persists.

Vasileios Vlachos, Aug 9, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents,... - Similar Threads - EVERYTHING computer has

2. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive wiped everything off my computer: Microsoft edge wiped all my computer and is on your cloud and my computer is barely functioning. How do i get all the cloud folders back to my computer. Where do i send the bill if i have technician do this. Even my desktop files and shortcuts are gone.I can access my paid...
  3. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive wiped everything off my computer: Microsoft edge wiped all my computer and is on your cloud and my computer is barely functioning. How do i get all the cloud folders back to my computer. Where do i send the bill if i have technician do this. Even my desktop files and shortcuts are gone.I can access my paid...
  4. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive wiped everything off my computer: I tried to take onedrive off my computer and I did it wrong, because I am stupid. Onedrive completely wiped everything off my computer. Even my desktop files and shortcuts are gone. Now my onedrive account is frozen and I cannot get on to look at the recycle bin. Onedrive...
  6. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive wiped everything off my computer: I tried to take onedrive off my computer and I did it wrong, because I am stupid. Onedrive completely wiped everything off my computer. Even my desktop files and shortcuts are gone. Now my onedrive account is frozen and I cannot get on to look at the recycle bin. Onedrive...
  7. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My computer has been completely locked and probably hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been completely locked and probably hacked: I downloaded a third party app on my Windows 7 as I was trying to figure out how to remove songs from a cd, and the app said it needed to restart my laptop for it's function to work.I, very very stupidly, allowed this to happen and now my computer will do nothing but show a...
  9. Computer has been wiped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer has been wiped: I had my computer in a pawn shop long stort short it was past due and the guy had to get into it because it was password protected. So he had it wiped.used a trial version of avast cool I thought. Now I bought the updated premium version of avast now I cant even get a...
  10. My account has been wiped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account has been wiped: Hi, i wanted to ask if there is any chance to contact support from microsoft store because in Sea of thieves my character and all progress has gone. Have you seen similar cases and know how to fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you retrieve documents if a computer has been wiped

2. my computer has been wiped. what do i do now?

3. my computer has been wiped

4. microsoft update wiped my computer,
  5. windows 10 update wiped computer,
  6. update wiped my computer sept 2019,
  7. windows update wiped computer 2019