Windows 10: Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

Discus and support Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. This is now the second time this has happened. I have tried every thing I can think of, as well as all solutions I have found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShannaSmith1, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

I am running Windows 10. This is now the second time this has happened. I have tried every thing I can think of, as well as all solutions I have found online. I have made sure files and folders are not hidden, done auto-arrange, refreshed, restarted, as well as several options using the command prompt that I have found. I have done Disk Cleanup for thumbnails and let it try to re-create them... Nothing. If I search for specific filenames I KNOW were on my desktop, the computer does not find them.

I am seeing others have this same issue, but no resolution has been found. This ONLY happens on my desktop.

Why is this happening? Someone please help!

:)

ShannaSmith1, Nov 7, 2018
  2. kongming Win User

Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

My desktop files and folders all are missing?
    One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy.
    I have turned on OneDrive to synchronize my desktop desktop files. Is it the problems?

kongming, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 7, 2018
  4. AJVQ Win User

Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

Folders are empty files are missing. All my pics disappeared and other files. Upgraded to Window 10

Hi good morning.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and today wanted to change my user pic. My PC still have all the folders for my pics, but all the files inside have completely disappeared. Folder properties states 0 kbytes. I have tried everything that was suggested by other forums,
    un-hiding, malware checks, etc. Nothing worked. It is as if they just vanished. I then checked other folders and found that a lot of the files have gone as well. Can anyone please help. 15 years of memories just gone. I am so regretting upgrading to Win
    10 right now.

thank you Microsoft

AJVQ, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

1. Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone. - Similar Threads - Everything Desktop EXCEPT

2. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  3. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  4. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...: I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-an-update-to-the-pcall-docs-pics-etc-are/e9467535-63bd-4238-82f3-f8ab795f2e41
  5. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...: I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-an-update-to-the-pcall-docs-pics-etc-are/e9467535-63bd-4238-82f3-f8ab795f2e41
  6. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Files etc gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files etc gone: Feb 27th 2021 there was an update late evening. Feb 28th early a.m. did work on computer- no files, documents , connections, history, favorites and photos all gone. Where ? how do I get at them? Why would an update do this??...
  8. all my folders on my desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my folders on my desktop are gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucioco000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke82na/all_my_folders_on_my_desktop_are_gone/
  9. All My Files on desktop are gone

All My Files on desktop are gone: I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-on-desktop-are-gone/9d0b4556-4924-47f4-a400-511730cbfb0d
  10. All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.

All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.: I was playing Hearthstone on my laptop and then I exited the game and after I wanted to exit the Battle.net app. When I right click > exit on the app in the icon tray suddenly all of my icons, files and folders on my desktop completely disappeared. The only icons still...