Windows 10: Everything running extremely slow & can't access internet

Discus and support Everything running extremely slow & can't access internet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This morning my Windows 10 machine, which is connected to the internet by ethernet, gave the following problems: 1. No internet access today.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by phrab, Feb 1, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Everything running extremely slow & can't access internet

This morning my Windows 10 machine, which is connected to the internet by ethernet, gave the following problems:

1. No internet access today.
    Rebooting modem didn't help. Also, every other device in the house which is connected by WiFi still works...it's only the Windows 10 machine. My WinXP machine still works fine (which is how I'm able to post this).

2. Several times in the past week or two, I was unable to access this forum on Windows 10. I remembered that I might have an entry in the hosts file that was blocking this site &, sure enough, there was. But here's a new problem. I cannot delete & save the file when I delete the "www . ten forums . com" entry in hosts. I get a message that the file is being used by another process.

3. 4. When I went to Services & checked the DNS Client service, (everything was greyed out). When I tried to stop it using Task Manager, I also was unable to stop it. It is set to Automatic (Trigger Started) & I can't change that.

4. Everything is moving extremely slow. It took about 15 minutes for a zip file to open. I tried to create a new text file on my desktop & it took at least that amount of time. I tried deleting it later, & although it's in the recycle bin, it still shows up on my desktop.

5. I used Macrium Reflect to restore my computer to earlier this morning & then to yesterday, but it didn't help.

6. My WinXP machine can still "see" my Win10 machine & I can copy & paste between the two machines from my WinXP machine. Win10 cannot see anything on my home network, however.

Basically, at the present time, I can't do anything with my Win10 machine. I'm not sure if it's a virus, etc. Any suggestions on what I can try. I'm really desperate!

Thank you in advance,

:)

phrab, Feb 1, 2019
  2. LindaDeQU Win User

My internet has been running extremely slow

My internet is running extremely slow

LindaDeQU, Feb 1, 2019
  3. ClairePWN Win User
    PC is running extremely slow

Thanks to Karthicka R I am reconnected to internet.....NOW, PC is running extremely slow. I can't seem to fix it.

what am I missing?

ClairePWN, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Rozg Win User

Internet Is Extremely Slow After Recent Update

Thank you for responding, but I have no problem connecting to the internet. The extreme slowness is navigating on any website, including your own Outlook/Hotmail.

According to the related issues on this forum, this problem has existed since the inception of Windows 10, so I am confused that your software engineers are still working on it night and day 2 years later.

T

Rozg, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Everything running extremely slow & can't access internet - Similar Threads - Everything running extremely

2. Everything extremely slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything extremely slow suddenly: My laptop was running fine up until about 2 days ago. Now it is extremely slow with everything including task manager and settings. Restarting doesn't help at all and I haven't installed anything recently. I've had malwarebytes do a full scan and it found nothing. The task...
  3. Extremely slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  4. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  5. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  6. computer running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  7. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  8. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  9. My internet has been running extremely slow

My internet has been running extremely slow: My internet is running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-internet-has-been-running-extremely-slow/1c045282-71fd-4cfd-81de-880ebc80429a
  10. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...