Windows 10: Everything Stops Responding

Discus and support Everything Stops Responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two days ago my laptop stopped working. It was working perfectly the night before but now every application I use works for less than 5 minutes before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobertDKJ, Feb 28, 2019.

1. RobertDKJ Win User

Everything Stops Responding

Two days ago my laptop stopped working. It was working perfectly the night before but now every application I use works for less than 5 minutes before it freezes and tells me it’s not resonding. I tried a few things to fix it before deciding to just put my important stuff on a flash drive and reset the thing to factory settings. But when I tried to do that I get an error message that stops me from doing so. My most recent failure was to just try booting the computer from an external DVD drive (laptop doesn’t have an internal one) with Windows 10 to re-install and that proved fruitless. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

:)

RobertDKJ, Feb 28, 2019

2. Games Stop Responding 5870 HELP!

try the card in another machine is all i can suggest now. If it works in that one but not urs then obviously the card is not compatible with your motherboard. Last resort is to tell Asus to go suck on donkey balls and get a different make of board

eidairaman1, Feb 28, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Everything Stops Responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Everything Stops Responding

Intel HD Graphics 520 Stops Responding

Anyone else had this issue? It seems like every couple of days or so my screen flashes black and I see the message in the bottom corner saying that the Intel Display adapter stopped responding and has recovered. In fact, it has happened twice now in about 15 minutes. Looking around I believe I have the latest driver for it which would be 20.19.15.4300

Suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

Running Windows 10 x64

satindemon4u, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Everything Stops Responding

1. Everything Stops Responding - Similar Threads - Everything Stops Responding

2. Keyboard stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops responding: Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to...
  3. Keyboard stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops responding: Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to...
  4. Everything not responding....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything not responding....: Ran checkdisk several times, did a re image reinstall still the same issue. Can use google just fine and go around my files but no apps work and can't even get into my settings without a not responding message. Is my HDD fkd or do i need a clean install? submitted by...
  5. everything stops randomly

in Cortana
    everything stops randomly: Ever since I have had my computer, there has been this rare thing that happens. for example, if i open a tab in Firefox, it turns white, and my buttons stop working. I can't use cortana anymore because of that problem. but after a few restarts, it works again. I do have...
  6. File explorer - stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  7. File Explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer stops responding: The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again...
  8. windows 10 stops responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 stops responding: [ATTACH] So I have malwarebytes and I don't think it's a virus issue Sometimes my computer STOPS responding completely When I hover over the taskbar icons it doesn't respond and my clicks don't work (mouse/integrated trackpad) The only fix I have now is...
  9. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...
  10. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...