Windows 10: Everything uninstalling on restart

Discus and support Everything uninstalling on restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So recently I was experiencing computer crashes and I had to restart my computer. every time I restarted, every app would uninstall and all my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalvinRice, May 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM.

1. Everything uninstalling on restart

So recently I was experiencing computer crashes and I had to restart my computer. every time I restarted, every app would uninstall and all my files would be gone. I fixed the crashing, but cant seem to figure out how to stop everything from uninstalling in case I need to restart. could anyone plz help?

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Everything uninstalling on restart :confused:

3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

4. Everything uninstalling on restart

Thema:

Everything uninstalling on restart

1. Everything uninstalling on restart - Similar Threads - Everything uninstalling restart

2. Laptop restart-lost everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restart-lost everything: Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make...
  3. Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...: I was uninstalling certain programs from my computer recently to clean up my computer. It was only a handful of programs like maybe between 5-8 programs. After that, I cannot many of my other programs. When opening their shortcuts, it says "The item 'ProgramName.exe' that...
  4. Restarted my computer, now everything is different

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarted my computer, now everything is different: I restarted my computer, signed back in and now my desktop is completely different, My downloads are empty, it’s like I’m in a completely different user but I signed in to my normal user. It said “preparing Windows” when i was signing in. The background is the default windows...
  5. accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.: my issue seems to be different from just about everyone. Ive tried password resets with my usb, safe mode ( it brings me back to the same damn login screen,) setting an administrator pass and even using cmd with a variety of commands. Powershell doesn't work and results from...
  6. how to uninstall google chrome? I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to uninstall google chrome? I have tried everything: how to uninstall google chrome? I have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-google-chrome-i-have-tried/370c9ba2-1453-4c37-9c38-6efd6f3eb1c2
  7. Windows !0 restarted and everything is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows !0 restarted and everything is missing: Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) restarted and all my files are missing. I found them in a different location under C:\Users and can move them back to their original location but can't figure out how to get all my favorites for Microsoft Edge back. There's a...
  8. My computer did not restart correctly. Ive tried everything and nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer did not restart correctly. Ive tried everything and nothing works: PC did not start correctly over and over again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-did-not-restart-correctly-ive-tried/42975e4f-828a-47cf-b17f-1816edaf4713
  9. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...
  10. SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

in Windows 10 Support
    SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?: The Error Log and Computer Specs are below.My computer recently just stopped waking up from sleep/hibernate and restarts the computer. I really want to know what is causing the problem, and I can't find any further suggestions. Many people think that sleep/hibernation issues...