Windows 10: EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker

Discus and support EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new version of the open source EverythingToolbar application introduces support for automatic update checks and makes other improvements.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 22, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker

A new version of the open source EverythingToolbar application introduces support for automatic update checks and makes other improvements. EverythingToolbar is a companion app for the popular Windows search tool Everything.

Everything Search is a fast search alternative for Windows that is making file searches on Windows a lot faster when compared to built-in Windows Search. EverythingToolbar, as the name suggests already, improves accessibility of Everything by allowing users to run searches directly from the Windows taskbar and by allowing users to switch Windows Search to Everything.

EverythingToolbar requires that Everything is also available on the device. The easiest option is to install Everything on the Windows device first and then Everything Toolbar.

Once done, users may pin the icon of EverythingToolbar to the taskbar to run searches directly from it. Options to replace Windows Search are found in the preferences.

EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker everythingtoolbar.png

EverythingToolbar 1.1 introduces support for automatic update checks. The option is enabled by default, but it can be disabled by selecting Menu > Preferences > Check for updates automatically in the program interface.

The update checker informs users about new updates, but it does not include functionality to download these updates to the system; this is still a manual process, similarly to how KeePass Password Manager handles update checks.

The release notes lists other improvements. The new keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-C allows users to copy the full path of the selected item. Files and folders may be selected using the mouse or keys on the keyboard.

EverythingToolbar users may now clear the application's main keyboard shortcut Windows-Alt-S, or any custom shortcut that they assigned to it using the Esc-key.

The remaining changes are smaller in scope. One fixes the handling of third-party file explorer applications, another addresses a misplaced window issue.

You can check out the full list of changes in EverythingToolbar 1.1. here. The last major release of EverythingToolbar dates back to January 2023. EverythingToolbar 1.0 was launched in the month, and it introduced support for Windows 11 officially.

Closing Words

Everything and EverythingToolbar improve search on Windows significantly, especially for users who want files or folders returned. The new option to check for updates is useful, as it makes it easier for users to stay up to date and check out updates shortly after release.

Now You: Windows Search, Everything or something else? What do you use to find files on Windows devices?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 22, 2023
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 22, 2023
  3. Can't find "Windows Update" on Search

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Let's try to follow these methods, mentioned below:

Method 1:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Try to refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1:

1. Type Settings in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Step 2:

• Type Windows update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Windows update settings or Check for updates.

Step 3:

• Type update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Check for updates.
    Step 4:

1. Click on Windows key+ I, then Settings Window will open on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue, so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 22, 2023
  4. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, May 22, 2023
Thema:

1. EverythingToolbar Windows search gets an update checker - Similar Threads - EverythingToolbar search gets

2. Spell Checker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell Checker: Hello In Windows 10 How Do You Enable Spell Checker So If I Miss Spell A Word It Will Give Me Suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/4ee74b96-61a4-4963-a046-7b2aa45cefd3
  3. Spell Checker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Checker: Hello In Windows 10 How Do You Enable Spell Checker So If I Miss Spell A Word It Will Give Me Suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/4ee74b96-61a4-4963-a046-7b2aa45cefd3
  4. Spell checker.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell checker.: How do I activate a spell checker in MS Edge Please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/f36d64a2-437f-4611-a631-ae247f6526af
  5. internet checkers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    internet checkers: How can I get internet checkers back - to play a person - back on my computer. Not on my cell. Internet checkers was great for relaxing after being busy on the computer for a few hours - but it disappeared....
  6. Spell Checker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spell Checker: I have lost Spellchecker on my Windows 10, can you suggest how to get it back please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/edf91932-0b16-4493-8704-099a6b04c99b
  7. Spell Checker error on 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Checker error on 1803 update: I am getting the following Error ID: 33 in the new 1803 April 2018 update. Failed to add hardcoded change pair "http -> http" to engine: Not implemented. The spell checker will still be available. [img] Any ideas what this might be? 109250
  8. Spell checker

in Browsers and Email
    Spell checker: With Internet Explorer I have IE spell. And I Knead a spale checker reel baad. Is there one I can use with 10? Eye hope ewe kan help me. 7187
  9. spell checker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spell checker: windows 10 Microsoft Edge corrects all words in Facebook messages. All this happened when Microsoft update original Windows 10 that I installed months ago. 34573
  10. FileHippo Update Checker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FileHippo Update Checker: Hello This app seems not to work well with Win 10 even though I tried to make it compatible with Windows 7. I think most higher level users do not use these 3rd party apps and check program updates individually. I would not be able to find flash and other apps so it helps...