Windows 10: Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove...

Discus and support Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Jemimah_Faj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ebt9x6/everytime_i_connect_a_bluetooth_sound_device_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jemimah_Faj, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove...

/u/Jemimah_Faj, Dec 19, 2019

2. Only the app "Groove Music" can play sound to a Bluetooth speaker in Windows 10

After I connected the PC (Windows 10 with the last update so far) to a bluetooth speaker, none of the apps play any sound except the "Groove Music" one. I've installed the drivers, checked the volume levels, set the bluetooth speaker as the default sound
    device, etc.

This is what happens: after connecting the PC to the bluetooth speakers, if I use "Groove Music", every audio plays well in the bluetooth speakers. Then I stop the "Groove Music" app and open Microsoft Edge and then any web page with a video. The video starts
    playing, but with no sound. What is weird is that if, while the video on the web page is playing, I play any audio in the "Groove Music" app, I can hear through the bt speakers that audio and the one in the video playing. As soon as I stop the "Groove Music"
    app playing, the sound in other apps that are playing sound through the bt speakers, stops.

It's like none of the apps (except "Groove Music") can make the "connection" and tell Windows 10 that they're playing sound through the bluetooth. (All the apps are sending sound because I can see it in the volume levels, but it seems that Windows 10 doesn't
    realise of that. Just with the "Groove Music" app)

Someone has any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Juan de Dios Maldonado, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Jaux Win User
    No sound from Groove Music

On my Microsoft Lumia 950 (AT&T) Groove Music player syncs properly, it used to work perfectly with Bluetooth, wired headphones, or just through the phone speaker. Then, while right in the middle of a playlist it stopped producing sound. The songs show
    as if they're playing, but there is no sound. I have followed the suggested troubleshooting steps, but there is still no sound.

4. Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove...

No sound from Groove Music

Hi Jaux,

Just to isolate this concern. Could you try to play your music through a web browser on the
    Groove webplayer?

Please check this link for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080138#bookmark-troubleshoot-onedrive

Thanks and regards,

-M.A. Blaze

Mark Adrian Blaze, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove...

1. Everytime I connect a Bluetooth sound device to my laptop and I play music through groove... - Similar Threads - Everytime connect Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth device not connected as music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device not connected as music: Hello,I'm Robin and I'm trying to connect a portable Bluetooth speaker to my PC with out success.I have had a similar speaker before and it connected without problem.The speaker can pair to the PC, but i don't manage to making it playing any sounds, it doesn't even show up as...
  3. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  4. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  5. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  6. Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects: Hi community Was reaching out to see if there was a way to add a sound when a bluetooth device ie controller connects / disconnects to windows. Basically looking for the same functionality when a usb device connects or disconnects. Looked through control panel sounds,...
  7. groove music player to play music through google hangouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    groove music player to play music through google hangouts: Hi, On My new June 2020 HP laptop windows 10 -I want to use google Hangouts or Skype to Teach English Language, BUT I need to share the screen and play audio track from my computer SO THE STUDENTS CAN HEAR IT, Mp3 tracks and When we watch something on Youtube for example....
  8. My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth.: My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth The sounds will be still playing out of the laptop and there is not any output settings to set it to LG output. On the LG soundbar I see the PC is connected but not any sounds. I have...
  9. Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers: My Bluetooth earbuds are powered on, paired and connected, but sound is still coming through speakers, not through earbuds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-connected-but-sound-still-plays-through/87f9fd2b-9923-4f53-bea8-93a8cd9dc089
  10. Cortana - wont play music through groove

in Cortana
    Cortana - wont play music through groove: Hi microsoft. I have combed the searches for an hour now trying to get cortana to default to groove when i ask to play music from my library. Groove is all set up to play from my library and i can use cortana to "play music" once it's open but when i ask her to play a...