Windows 10: everytime i disable a microphone is disappears

Discus and support everytime i disable a microphone is disappears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time i disable a microphone it disappears from sound settings and i have to trouble shoot the mic so it reappears does anyone know how to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kritzerous, Apr 15, 2021.

1. everytime i disable a microphone is disappears

Every time i disable a microphone it disappears from sound settings and i have to trouble shoot the mic so it reappears does anyone know how to stop them from disappearing?

:)

Kritzerous, Apr 15, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 15, 2021
  4. everytime i disable a microphone is disappears

Built-In Laptop microphone disappearing from recording devices list, have to uninstall driver and restart to get it back.

Hi Jay,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. When the time the microphone disappears from the list of recording devices does it totally disable the microphone and you're unable to use it? It's also possible that the
    driver itself is the issue so we suggest that you download the latest driver available on the manufacturer's website. We also
    suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

everytime i disable a microphone is disappears

1. everytime i disable a microphone is disappears - Similar Threads - everytime disable microphone

2. Microphone disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone disappeared: My internal microphone has completely disappeared - I run windows 11. When I go to the recording tab the microphone is greyed out and it says the high definition audio device is not plugged in. Please help. What can I do?...
  3. Microphone disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone disappeared: My internal microphone has completely disappeared - I run windows 11. When I go to the recording tab the microphone is greyed out and it says the high definition audio device is not plugged in. Please help. What can I do?...
  4. Wifi keep disappearing everytime i launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keep disappearing everytime i launch a game: straight to the point. my wifi keep disappearing. applied some fixes that i found, works for sometime and happened again. but the weird thing is this actually happen whenever i launch a game and right after i quit the game the wifi reappear. so it is kinda obvious. is this...
  5. Wifi keep disappearing everytime i launch a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keep disappearing everytime i launch a game: straight to the point. my wifi keep disappearing. applied some fixes that i found, works for sometime and happened again. but the weird thing is this actually happen whenever i launch a game and right after i quit the game the wifi reappear. so it is kinda obvious. is this...
  6. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  7. microphone is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is disabled: I have no audio in website meetings. I cannot speak with COrtana. She says my microphone is disabled and to enable it in sound settings. I did this but still have not audio. People can hear me, I cannot hear them. Can anyone help....
  8. Input Indicator disappears everytime I reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator disappears everytime I reboot: Hi, After OS reinstall, I have a tiny, but annoying problem. The keyboard input indicator: [img] in the taskbar disappears after every reboot. Also, I cannot change the input method by the appropriate keyboard shortcut. To clarify: I'm able to display it by changing the...
  9. Microphone cuts out and have to disable and enable again everytime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cuts out and have to disable and enable again everytime: Hi there. My microphone randomly cuts out sometimes and the only solution for it is to disable and enable again in the windows settings. I am using a Astro A50 and I am hearing everything and everyone perfectly but at some point the microphone "shuts down". I don't get...
  10. Microphone Disabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone Disabled?: **POSTED UNDER SECURITY & PRIVACY BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE MIC PERMISSIONS ARE LOCATED, IT IS NOT A SOUND ISSUE** Up until 7 hours ago I had headphones with a faulty mic. To prevent my mic from turning its self of unprompted, a few months ago I completely disabled my microphone...