Windows 10: EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD AN APP, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FILE THAT SAYS .EXE

Discus and support EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD AN APP, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FILE THAT SAYS .EXE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was about to download the Notion app in my laptop, windows 10 and to download the app, I have to download a file which says.exe on it. I'm sorry I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by happyssad, Sep 24, 2020.

1. happyssad Win User

EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD AN APP, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FILE THAT SAYS .EXE

I was about to download the Notion app in my laptop, windows 10 and to download the app, I have to download a file which says.exe on it. I'm sorry I am very cautious in using my laptop nowadays because I only got it recently from repair, it completely shut down before and didn't start up because of some virus I think. and someone told me that I shouldn't download an .exe file because it's a virus. so I'm very cautious and my mom's literally going to kill me if something happens to my laptop. Can someone please help out this poor child???

p.s. I have an antivirus but I am not sure if it's updated or not.

:)

happyssad, Sep 24, 2020

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 24, 2020
  4. HossWTC Win User

Unable to download

The link behind the "Latest version" hyperlink is "http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/latest.php"

When I click on the link on the main page, I get a popup asking to Run/Save/Cancel. I hit Save, and it displays the Save File dialog with "SysTool_0.1.exe" as the filename. I click OK and the File Download window appears. (All normal behavior to this point.)

The File Download dialog then just sits and spins... No progress is made on the download. A check of the directory for the download also shows no file named "SysTool_0.1.exe".

Perhaps the server is overloaded and I'm just timing out? *Confused EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD AN APP, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FILE THAT SAYS .EXE :confused:

Since the app is less than 1MB, perhaps someone could email it to me? (hosswtc at gmail dot com)

HossWTC, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD AN APP, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FILE THAT SAYS .EXE - Similar Threads - EVERYTIME DOWNLOAD APP

2. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file: I finally fell for an old trick - while trying to download a perfectly safe file from the internet, I mistakenly downloaded file through the internet called setup.exe and ran it. The properties of the file shows the target as "https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2201.msi".What is...
  3. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file: I finally fell for an old trick - while trying to download a perfectly safe file from the internet, I mistakenly downloaded file through the internet called setup.exe and ran it. The properties of the file shows the target as "https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2201.msi".What is...
  4. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  6. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  7. A exe file that i have opens as adminstraitor everytime

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A exe file that i have opens as adminstraitor everytime: So basically there is a game on my computer windows 10 and it always runs on admin, i do not know why, i researched "how to open apps that open with admin not open with admin" but i couldnt fnd anything....
  8. A exe file that i have opens as adminstraitor everytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A exe file that i have opens as adminstraitor everytime: So basically there is a game on my computer windows 10 and it always runs on admin, i do not know why, i researched "how to open apps that open with admin not open with admin" but i couldnt fnd anything....
  9. A exe file that i have opens as adminstraitor everytime

10. Downloading an .exe file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading an .exe file: I've tried to download .exe files, but I get a message that this is not a Microsoft-verified file - then it wants me to go to the Microsoft Store, and I don't want to do this, I want to download the .exe file I started. How can I bypass this message? Thank you....