Windows 10: Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens

Discus and support Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I double click out of an Youtube video or press F11 two times. The file manager will pop-up. How do I fix this? I have tried restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coolguy2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. coolguy2 Win User

Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens

Every time I double click out of an Youtube video or press F11 two times.

The file manager will pop-up. How do I fix this?

I have tried restarting my computer, updating my chrome. Nothing is working

I have two monitors one laptop and another one is the VG245H.

System:

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Ram: 12.0GB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

:)

coolguy2, Nov 8, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 8, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens - Similar Threads - Everytime exit full

2. Audio lags everytime I open or close full screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio lags everytime I open or close full screen: So every time I enter full screen for any application, my audio starts lagging, and I can't hear anything for around 15 seconds. I am using Bluetooth headphones and I already tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing seemed to work....
  3. Audio lags everytime I open or close full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio lags everytime I open or close full screen: So every time I enter full screen for any application, my audio starts lagging, and I can't hear anything for around 15 seconds. I am using Bluetooth headphones and I already tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing seemed to work....
  4. Audio lags everytime I open or close full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows File Manager Refreshs everytime i open any application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows File Manager Refreshs everytime i open any application: Hi.Everytime i open any application, like edge, vlc, netflix app, or anything, the file manager gets refreshed. the task bar disappears for a few seconds and then come back. all the folders that I had previously opened, gets closed. Its a mess!I have recently installed...
  6. Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?: Hi I wanted to know how I can minimise full screen games or if that's not possible how to close them fast? submitted by /u/Shadow8779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kouecy/can_i_quickly_minimise_or_exit_a_full_screen_game/
  7. Computer freezes when exiting full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes when exiting full screen: Hi. So recently i just bought my first desktop pc. Everything was perfect until i found something strange. Whenever i exit a full screen game(like when pressing continue on the end screen of league of legends, or exit game on any other game) my pc freezes. Audio is still...
  8. Apps opening File Explorer full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps opening File Explorer full screen: Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update. I have made sure that I...
  9. Everytime I click on my files my screen refreshes ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everytime I click on my files my screen refreshes ?: i litterly have no clue what i can do so came here any help is great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-click-on-my-files-my-screen-refreshes/5d20000f-1cae-42e4-8844-aa9ec9689ea4
  10. File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen: I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been suffering a weird problem: everytime I do something using full screen mode (watching a youtube video, hitting F11, playing a game,...