Windows 10: Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up

Discus and support Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]It stuck like that but when i take out the microphone the volume bar gone, what should i do ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZeyrexEbenhart, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up

Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up 9c49d0d1-48d3-4f14-9196-f48dda50e0e5?upload=true.png It stuck like that but when i take out the microphone the volume bar gone, what should i do ?

:)

ZeyrexEbenhart, Feb 6, 2021

2. Low input volume on an external mic'

For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine.

Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ?

I have sp[ent the l;ast two hours going through every possible setting I can find and everything is on "max" or 100%. The trouble shooter us useless and says "no problem found". It is not an issue with the external mic'. I have tried the same with a second
    mic' and the same 80% low volume issue is still there.

It simply feels like triggering an external mic' somehow triggers an 80% lowering of the volume.

The built in mic' volume is fine, but the quality is terrible, hence the external mic'.

I suspect this is a Windows SaaS issue and is part of the reason why so called "free" stuff, like Windows, managed by MS as SaaS is shocking. I don't want MS buggering around with my laptop. I have wasted a half day so far on this issue, which should not
    be an issue.

Does anybody have a fix ? Please don't ask about updated drivers, or faulty hardware etc, I've checked all this. I have not changed anything between last night and this morning.

PilotiWaters, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Can't isolate line audio from mic input; audio driver not showing.

Excellent reply. I set Audacity as you suggest and it works. To my perfectionist mind, there's one flaw: with all volumes to max, the recording level is rather low, as the attached snip shows. Any ideas how to increase it? My previous Win 7 laptop allowed far more level than this, using a Realtek driver.

Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up [​IMG]

Airlane1979, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up

Headphones not showing up in the input devices

Everytime I plug in my headphones the audio sounds fine but it does not record sound. I've tried using the same headphones with my phone and it works fine. When it does record sound its using the mic next to the camera because my headphones just does not
    show up in the input devices list.

BrendaJuan, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up

1. Everytime i input my external mic the volume bar keep showing up - Similar Threads - Everytime input external

2. mic not showing up in input devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic not showing up in input devices: ^was working perfectly fine for about a year until todayworks on my laptop but not on my pc-tried unplugging and repluging-tried running additional troubleshooter-tried disabling and enabling the mic in sound control panel but it says its not plugged in-tried updating my...
  3. mic not showing up in input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic not showing up in input devices: ^was working perfectly fine for about a year until todayworks on my laptop but not on my pc-tried unplugging and repluging-tried running additional troubleshooter-tried disabling and enabling the mic in sound control panel but it says its not plugged in-tried updating my...
  4. mic not showing up in input devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows: Whenever I start up Windows, the volume bar on the left top corner pops up and then disappears later on. I do not even press the volume function keys on my keyboard, but they randomly pop up at start up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?...
  6. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows: Whenever I start up Windows, the volume bar on the left top corner pops up and then disappears later on. I do not even press the volume function keys on my keyboard, but they randomly pop up at start up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?...
  7. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME: HOW TO TURN VOLUME UP ON EXTERNAL MIC CMTECK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic-volume/cb651330-bcca-4222-bfdc-2ee549fbbf64
  9. Low input volume on an external mic'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low input volume on an external mic': For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine. Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ? I have sp[ent...
  10. Volume bar keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume bar keeps popping up: The volume bar keeps appearing in the top left corner on my laptop screen. It's been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, especially when I'm watching a video and it keeps popping up. Any suggestions on something I might have accidentally enabled/diasbled??...