Windows 10: Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

Discus and support Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So this happened after i activated windows and linked my microsoft account in settings when i restarted my pc everything went fine till the welcome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveNothing, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

So this happened after i activated windows and linked my microsoft account in settings when i restarted my pc everything went fine till the welcome screen came up and there is no white background behind the sign in button so when i click on sign in it stays for a few seconds and a microsoft store window pops up im still on the singing in thing that says " you need to install an app to run this task " if i press yes or no i go back to the welcome screen and have to press sign in again for the same thing to happen unless i go in troubleshoot and use a restore point before i linked my microso

:)

SteveNothing, Oct 20, 2021

2. Settings home screen displays link to sign-in to local account

I always sign-in to Windows with my local account password. The administrator account is the only account that was ever set up on the system. I've never changed to a MS account. Just the past three weeks or so, a link to sign-in with a local account began to display at the top of the home screen in Settings. I’m not seeing what the link is for. If it said MS account, it would maybe make sense
    Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

So MS added another place to sign-in besides going to the link in Settings >Accounts>Your Info. I don’t believe Microsoft ever clearly communicated the downside on these links. They should be used as a one time thing and should not be used to go back and forth. The risk involved can lead to account corruption. Not good, MS.

Jaguwaar20, Oct 20, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

1. Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen - Similar Threads - Everytime link microsoft

2. i cant sign in into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant sign in into my microsoft account: hey i need help asap, i started deleting some stuff and personalising my laptop, idk if it is bc i deleted something or it if its just because ii clicked into change my microsoft account onto a local account, BUT i cannot sign in into my microsoft account anymore, in none of...
  3. i cant sign in into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant sign in into my microsoft account: hey i need help asap, i started deleting some stuff and personalising my laptop, idk if it is bc i deleted something or it if its just because ii clicked into change my microsoft account onto a local account, BUT i cannot sign in into my microsoft account anymore, in none of...
  4. I cant sing in into my pc with my Microsoft account. Everytime i try to sign-in it says...

I cant sing in into my pc with my Microsoft account. Everytime i try to sign-in it says...: This is the troubleshooting detail that I copied down and pasted to probably see if you guys can help me with the probleCorrelation Id: c270c802701c0000e26d73c21c70d901 Timestamp: 2023-04-16T04:51:49.777ZI really tried everything on YouTube what's wrong, even another guy had...
  5. I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account

I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account: Hello,I am having a problem signing in to my Microsoft account I get the error below: "The Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."...
  6. I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account: Hello,I am having a problem signing in to my Microsoft account I get the error below: "The Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."...
  7. I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen: So this happened after i activated windows and linked my microsoft account in settings when i restarted my pc everything went fine till the welcome screen came up and there is no white background behind the sign in button so when i click on sign in it stays for a few seconds...
  9. Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i link my microsoft account in settings i cant sign when on welcome screen: So this happened after i activated windows and linked my microsoft account in settings when i restarted my pc everything went fine till the welcome screen came up and there is no white background behind the sign in button so when i click on sign in it stays for a few seconds...
  10. I cant sign into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant sign into my microsoft account: After i updated my Minecraft ps4 to bedrock edition i couldn't sign into my microsoft account,please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-into-my-microsoft-account/2f421160-b304-4e53-be38-eef4f4f499f6