Windows 10: everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

Discus and support everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Naik_454, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Naik_454 Win User

everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help

:)

Naik_454, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Frick Win User

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

1. Multiple accounts are probably against the rules.
    2. Why did you create a new account?
    3. Why do you want to merge them?

Frick, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Vario Win User

everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

1. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -... - Similar Threads - everytime merge university's

2. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...: Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help...
  3. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account: A few days ago I allowed a regular update on my Windows 10, however since then, my laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker and asking me for the recovery key, however I can't find it anywhere. I went to my school account in azure as the instructions on the blocked screen...
  4. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account: A few days ago I allowed a regular update on my Windows 10, however since then, my laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker and asking me for the recovery key, however I can't find it anywhere. I went to my school account in azure as the instructions on the blocked screen...
  5. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

6. Everytime my pc starts it throws up an error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everytime my pc starts it throws up an error message: Please help me resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-my-pc-starts-it-throws-up-an-error/7e9ee17e-6f95-4ad8-bb9a-c8e54286a488
  7. my personal account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my personal account: Hello, I am trying to make sure my personal account has been closed. And trying to find out what my monthly bill will be and when is it due? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-account/1f255020-786b-403e-947b-cdd31efeb826
  8. my personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personal account: Hello, I am trying to make sure my personal account has been closed. And trying to find out what my monthly bill will be and when is it due? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-account/1f255020-786b-403e-947b-cdd31efeb826
  9. my personal account

10. Merging MS Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging MS Accounts: I have found myself, without realising it, that have 3 MS Accounts and it is driving me to desperation as I never seem to get anywhere with any of them. I simply want to manage all my MS stuff from one account. My original account had an email address which cannot be used...