Windows 10: Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

Discus and support Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have done everything I could think of to fix this issue, A hard resetUninstalling drivers and reinstalling themDeleting files installed recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William1542, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

I have done everything I could think of to fix this issue, A hard resetUninstalling drivers and reinstalling themDeleting files installed recently RestartingUpdating windowsHowever it does not seem to work,Every time I press "Enter" Not Numpad all interactable buttons are disabled, even on the desktop, if I click enter and then hover my mouse over an application, I can't click it, this goes the same for web browsers, Chrome and Opera GX. If anyone could provide any insight into this it would be much appreciated.

:)

William1542, Mar 19, 2023

2. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Pauley Win User
    Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I can exit the lock screen (and enter the log on screen) by clicking the mouse or hitting a key. However, if there has been an extended period of time (e.g. overnight), on one computer I can only exit the lock screen by pressing a mouse button. On another computer I can only exit the lock screen by hitting the keyboard. I would like it to be able to use either to exit the lock screen. Some deltas:
    Computer 1 (mouse exit works) has wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    Computer 2 (keyboard exit works) has a wireless keyboard, but it is IR (so the IR receiver is tied to a USB port). The mouse is a Wacom mouse that works with my drawing tablet. The tablet is attached via USB.
    I upgraded both computers from WinXP 64bit, and did not have this issue.
    Any ideas? I'm thinking the devices must be entering some quiescent state when 'off' for a period of time, but, like I said, this did not happen with XP.

Pauley, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

Windows 10 Upgrade Locked Out No Keyboard or Mouse

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

1. Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse. - Similar Threads - Everytime press Enter

2. Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.: I have done everything I could think of to fix this issue, A hard resetUninstalling drivers and reinstalling themDeleting files installed recently RestartingUpdating windowsHowever it does not seem to work,Every time I press "Enter" Not Numpad all interactable buttons are...
  3. Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Everytime I press "Enter" I get locked out of keyboard and mouse.: I have done everything I could think of to fix this issue, A hard resetUninstalling drivers and reinstalling themDeleting files installed recently RestartingUpdating windowsHowever it does not seem to work,Every time I press "Enter" Not Numpad all interactable buttons are...
  4. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  5. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  6. keyboard automatically pressing enter

7. When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9: When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9. Numlock is On, Screen Lock is Off.Can you help reset this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-9-on-the-numpad-enter-gets-pressed/371974ce-b4da-4900-adfa-d04a454e6680
  8. When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9

When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9: When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9. Numlock is On, Screen Lock is Off.Can you help reset this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-9-on-the-numpad-enter-gets-pressed/371974ce-b4da-4900-adfa-d04a454e6680
  9. mouse and keyboard disconnecting everytime

mouse and keyboard disconnecting everytime: USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomlyHi!I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my...
  10. Everytime i press enter °° or / show up

Everytime i press enter °° or / show up: Everytime i press enter °° or / show up. i have tried changing languages and i tried fixing it myself but didnt work. help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-press-enter-or-show-up/7ba75085-0009-44f4-8d39-a13f560b8a12