Windows 10: Everytime I try to bring up settings using windows 10 it will not boot up. i am the...

Discus and support Everytime I try to bring up settings using windows 10 it will not boot up. i am the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get to my Windows settings. every time I try to bring it up it will not appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob Alesi, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Bob Alesi Win User

Everytime I try to bring up settings using windows 10 it will not boot up. i am the...

I cannot get to my Windows settings. every time I try to bring it up it will not appear.

:)

Bob Alesi, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Everytime I try to bring up settings using windows 10 it will not boot up. i am the...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Everytime I try to bring up settings using windows 10 it will not boot up. i am the... - Similar Threads - Everytime try bring

2. Everytime i try to boot my pc it comes up this error “...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i try to boot my pc it comes up this error “...: I downloaded stuff this morning for work and i restarted my pc a couple hours later and i get this blue screen with the code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” and then when i try to startup repair it says this “e:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.exe”Please...
  3. Everytime i try to boot my pc it comes up this error “...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i try to boot my pc it comes up this error “...: I downloaded stuff this morning for work and i restarted my pc a couple hours later and i get this blue screen with the code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” and then when i try to startup repair it says this “e:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.exe”Please...
  4. everytime i try to boot my computer up goes to this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    everytime i try to boot my computer up goes to this: my laptop has been acting up for the past week whenever i try to boot it up it says my device needs to be repaired and driver has errors or corrupted. I have tried so many solutions nothing has worked i cant even get to my login dism commands have not work every time i have...
  5. everytime i try to boot my computer up goes to this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    everytime i try to boot my computer up goes to this: my laptop has been acting up for the past week whenever i try to boot it up it says my device needs to be repaired and driver has errors or corrupted. I have tried so many solutions nothing has worked i cant even get to my login dism commands have not work every time i have...
  6. everytime i try to boot my computer up goes to this

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD everytime I boot up a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime I boot up a game: I've asked this question many times, but all the solutions haven't worked. Here's 5 things I have tried from the solutions.1. Reinstall display drivers2. Reinstall realtek pcie gbe family controller3. Reinstall display drivers again4. Delete Razer Synapse5. Delete AVG...
  8. BSOD everytime I boot up a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD everytime I boot up a game: I've asked this question many times, but all the solutions haven't worked. Here's 5 things I have tried from the solutions.1. Reinstall display drivers2. Reinstall realtek pcie gbe family controller3. Reinstall display drivers again4. Delete Razer Synapse5. Delete AVG...
  9. BSOD everytime I boot up a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Everytime I try to bring up cords on my windows 10 it just puts the volume up. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everytime I try to bring up cords on my windows 10 it just puts the volume up. Is there any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hornysexlaundrybcket [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3uco6/everytime_i_try_to_bring_up_cords_on_my_windows/