Everyting wemt blue during 10158 upgrade.

Discus and support Everyting wemt blue during 10158 upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I was installing the 10158 upgrade. At the second restart, the boot screen (gigabyte) came in blue, and the entire process continued in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arc, Jun 30, 2015.

1. ARC
    Arc Win User

Last night I was installing the 10158 upgrade. At the second restart, the boot screen (gigabyte) came in blue, and the entire process continued in blue. When the installation completed, the desktop came with a blue tint, too. Everything went blue there.

A clean reinstall of the 353.30 WHQL (which was already installed) made the things back to normal. No issue since then.

I am wondering what that may mean. Is my graphics card (it is old, for sure; 450 GTS. As I dont game and it works without any issue, I did not upgrade it) not supporting windows 10? Or it is started to failing?

EDIT: Just noticed 10159 notification.... Let me see how it goes.

:)

2. DavidBewick Win User

windows 10 version 10159

I upgraded to version 10159,i then went back to an earlier version(10158)now i'm ready to upgrade again to version 10159,but I'm not being offered it as a upgrade ,just get my device is up to date

DavidBewick, Jun 30, 2015
  3. DavidBewick Win User
    Windows 10 Builds

I upgraded to windows 10 build 10159,then went back to version 10158. Now i'm ready to upgrade again10159, will windows update offer 10159 again or will i have to wait for the next build. I am gettin updates for defender

DavidBewick, Jun 30, 2015
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Everything went fine during the upgradation to 10159, no graphics glitches.

I want to expect that it was just a mishap, and my graphics card is not failing. *Smile

5. LittleJay Win User
    Glad to hear you didn't have any graphics driver issues with 10159! *Thumbs

LittleJay, Jul 1, 2015
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Thank you, Barry. *Smile
    Do you think it was a driver related issue?

7. LittleJay Win User
    Hi Archie. If I had to guess, I would say that it is a driver issue, based on my own experience with drivers for my EVGA GTX 460 GPU. For whatever reason, it has been hit or miss with some of the more recent Nvidia driver updates. Right now I am running ver. 347.88, because it seems to work the best. Ver. 350.12 caused all kinds of issues, like after booting Windows, the screen would be all fuzzy and I would have to reboot. Also, the screen wouldn't come up when I resumed the PC from sleep mode. I haven't tried the newest GPU driver yet, so I can't tell you whether it would work or not.

LittleJay, Jul 1, 2015
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Thank you so much for the info, Barry. It made me happy. *Smile

The new 353.30 WHQL works really fine. *Smile

9. LittleJay Win User
    You are welcome mate! Thanks for the rep. *Biggrin
    Maybe I will check out 353.30 then and see if it works better. I just did a fresh Macrium image this morning so I have a fallback if things go amok!! LOL

LittleJay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Everyting wemt blue during 10158 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Everyting wemt blue

2. Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade: Hi! I recently got a new computer, the Lenovo Yoga 720. It's been working flawlessly ever since I got it but yesterday there was a Windows upgrade installed, and ever since I upgraded it I haven't been able to adjust my screen brightness in any way, all of the icons on my...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: So I need to know if there's any legal issues/licence issues with the way I upgraded to win 10. I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1803" from your website then just used it to click my way to a full windows 10 from windows 7, it's fully activated and I did not use any...
  4. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  5. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  6. i have a blue stop issuse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have a blue stop issuse: i had a stop code call DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION what happen to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-have-a-blue-stop-issuse/7ee5c463-4543-4668-991d-fd11ec77562d
  7. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  8. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  9. 1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool

1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool: I've got a PC stuck on 1511 that just refuses to install upgrades to more current versions. I'm 100% certain the hardware is supported as I have several other part-for-part identical PCs all running 1803 without issue. After a long time fighting with Windows Update itself...
  10. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...