Windows 10: EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup

Discus and support EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've got EVGA precision X set to run at startup. It's the latest version. I have it running at startup basically so it can display the GPU temp in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rivre, Aug 15, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup

I've got EVGA precision X set to run at startup. It's the latest version. I have it running at startup basically so it can display the GPU temp in my system tray. On my old Windows 7 PC it would startup in my system tray. Here's the weird thing - it starts up briefly, because the temp appears in my tray - but once the system is fully started, the temp in the tray vanishes and the software closes. I then have to manually start it up for it stay running with the temp in the tray. Am I doing something wrong? I have it selected to start with Windows in the Precision X settings menu.

:)

rivre, Aug 15, 2016

2. Keyboard Lag After Startup and Wakeup

Your solution helped me because I too had EVGA Precision X set to startup. Disabling it stopped my keyboard lag. Thanks EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup :)...

Andre Berry, Aug 15, 2016
  3. BoredNerd Win User
    Keyboard Lag After Startup and Wakeup

Your solution helped me because I too had EVGA Precision X set to startup. Disabling it stopped my keyboard lag. Thanks EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup :)...

You got it !

BoredNerd, Aug 15, 2016
  4. rivre Win User

Any users in here with this software running that can offer any suggestions?

rivre, Aug 16, 2016
  5. I have the Precision XOC (for Pascal) which is different but I don't load it at Windows start up.

I see a thread on this on the EVGA forums (link below). Some were confusing the button for profile start up versus Precision X start up but I assume that wouldn't be you since you used it before. A suggestion would be to see if your antivirus is blocking it from starting. Otherwise all I can suggest is heading over to the EVGA site and asking there or even starting a chat with them. They have good customer service.

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precisio...331358-p2.aspx

specialkone, Aug 16, 2016
  6. rivre Win User
    Solved! Thanks a ton for that link to the EVGA forum. That solved it for me. This is a wacky settings interface. Options are all over the place and there are two different settings in two different places - one called "START UP OFF/ON" and one called "START WITH OS". And they wonder why people are confused.

Thanks again.

rivre, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Glad I could help, rivre. From what I saw on that forum, there's a lot of people confused with the wording on those start up options.

specialkone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EVGA Precision X Software refuses to run at startup - Similar Threads - EVGA Precision Software

2. Task manager refuses to run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager refuses to run: All my stuff is updated I restarted twice and still nothing submitted by /u/Thic_water [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgki36/task_manager_refuses_to_run/
  3. Software run automatically at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software run automatically at startup: Hi, I need to load a program running automatically in admin mode, if I enable the option on the right button icon - compatibility this is not loaded when the system is restarted, while if the option is removed it works properly, I state that I have an admin account Any idea...
  4. Software run automatically at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software run automatically at startup: Hi, I need to load a program running automatically in admin mode, if I enable the option on the right button icon - compatibility this is not loaded when the system is restarted, while if the option is removed it works properly, I state that I have an admin account Any idea...
  5. Windows refused to run programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refused to run programs: Hi, Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"...
  6. EVGA Precision X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVGA Precision X: First time user. Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x5db807ac Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0xc808fce5 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000ac44e Faulting process id:...
  7. Application Software support refuses Ticket because Windows 10 is running on a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Software support refuses Ticket because Windows 10 is running on a Mac: I am using Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro. On this Windows I am executing normal Windows software. One specific software support refused my support ticket with the substantiation, that they do not support Bootcamp. In my understanding Bootcamp is something like a Dualboot...
  8. Overlays not working, ShadowPlay FPS counter, EVGA Precision X...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overlays not working, ShadowPlay FPS counter, EVGA Precision X...: ShadowPlay works to record video but FPS counter stopped working randomly and I tried EVGA Precision X Monitoring and it doesn't work either. EVGA Precision X works with Rainmeter. I've tried reinstalls of graphics drivers and geforce experience and EVGA Precision X 4.2.1...
  9. EVGA's Precision XOC Now Supports All Nvidia Cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    EVGA's Precision XOC Now Supports All Nvidia Cards: According to this thread over at EVGA, the latest version 6.0.5 now works with all Nvidia cards. I'm using it, but I have an EVGA card. http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precisio...-m2540855.aspx 62044
  10. evga precision x

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    evga precision x: EVGA Precision XOC version 6.2.3 works very well as long as its used only on Evga products. Like the guys posted the other two updates I would stay away from, until Evga fixes the latest bugs. *Smile

Users found this page by searching for:

1. evga precision not starting at windows 10 startup

2. evga precision been suspended when trying to star windows 10

3. evga precision xoc site being blocked by windows defender

4. evga xoc start with osnot working