Windows 10: Evil locker

Discus and support Evil locker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have been hit with Evil Locker - how do we go about recovering from it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ekontos, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Ekontos Win User

Evil locker

We have been hit with Evil Locker - how do we go about recovering from it?

:)

Ekontos, Jan 25, 2019

2. Windows 10: How to hardware encrypt using bit locker without TPM.

Hi Ajit,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with encrypting the hard drive on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to problems with change in group policy settings for bit locker.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you created any system restore point on the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to manage the bit locker settings in the group policy settings by following the below link and check if it helps.

First before performing any changes in Bit locker settings, I suggest you to create System Restore point on the computer. So that we can restore back to previous Windows state if any issues occurs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about managing bit locker settings in the Group policy settings and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/What-Group-Policy-settings-are-used-with-BitLocker

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on bit locker issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Evil locker

Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10 Bit Locker key on reboot

I was able to disable bit locker on boot. This solved my problem. Thanks for suggestion.

CraigShuck, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Evil locker

1. Evil locker - Similar Threads - Evil locker

2. How did my Microosft account email get leaked to evil doers trying to access my account??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did my Microosft account email get leaked to evil doers trying to access my account??: The title says it all; some days there are 20 or more attempts in one day to access my account from all over the world. I have enabled 2 step verification a couple of months ago, but the attempts persist. I have contacted Microsoft a couple of times, and they verify that...
  3. How did my Microosft account email get leaked to evil doers trying to access my account??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did my Microosft account email get leaked to evil doers trying to access my account??: The title says it all; some days there are 20 or more attempts in one day to access my account from all over the world. I have enabled 2 step verification a couple of months ago, but the attempts persist. I have contacted Microsoft a couple of times, and they verify that...
  4. Unbearable FPS Stuttering Resident Evil 2 Remake From Xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbearable FPS Stuttering Resident Evil 2 Remake From Xbox Game Pass: So, here's the thing: 2 days ago, Resident Evil 2 Remake became available in Xbox Game Pass on PC, I downloaded it to play it, and there was a lot of FPS Stuttering like 300 FPS dropping to 20 FPS in a one or half a second and then back to 300 FPS and it was doing it every...
  5. Unbearable FPS Stuttering Resident Evil 2 Remake From Xbox Game Pass

Unbearable FPS Stuttering Resident Evil 2 Remake From Xbox Game Pass: So, here's the thing: 2 days ago, Resident Evil 2 Remake became available in Xbox Game Pass on PC, I downloaded it to play it, and there was a lot of FPS Stuttering like 300 FPS dropping to 20 FPS in a one or half a second and then back to 300 FPS and it was doing it every...
  6. Problema con el videojuego The evil within

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problema con el videojuego The evil within: Desde que descargue el videojuego the evil within e tenido un problema que no lo e podido solucionar y que consiste que al iniciar el juego la pantalla empieza a parpadear y no hay forma que la laptop funcione o que el juego arranque. Yo cuento con una laptop Asus tuf dash...
  7. Problema con el videojuego The evil within

Problema con el videojuego The evil within: Desde que descargue el videojuego the evil within e tenido un problema que no lo e podido solucionar y que consiste que al iniciar el juego la pantalla empieza a parpadear y no hay forma que la laptop funcione o que el juego arranque. Yo cuento con una laptop Asus tuf dash...
  8. How to get “selective suspend” to use its powers for good, not evil

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get “selective suspend” to use its powers for good, not evil: So I have a bunch of thumb drives and I am running Win 10. Win 10 has a nasty habit of turning off the power to USB drives when they have been idle for “too” long. “Too” long seems to be about 3 min 5 sec when running on batteries and 6 min 10 sec when plugged in.Now, this...
  9. How to get “selective suspend” to use its powers for good, not evil

How to get “selective suspend” to use its powers for good, not evil: So I have a bunch of thumb drives and I am running Win 10. Win 10 has a nasty habit of turning off the power to USB drives when they have been idle for “too” long. “Too” long seems to be about 3 min 5 sec when running on batteries and 6 min 10 sec when plugged in.Now, this...
  10. How to get “selective suspend” to use its powers for good, not evil

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. evil locker

2. hp event id 80 evil is afoot