Windows 10: .ex4 file default

Discus and support .ex4 file default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I change my .ex4 files from adobe default to unknown default. I mistakenly tried to open the .ex4 file and all of my .ex4 files now are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seaspirit, Jul 2, 2016.

1. seaspirit Win User

.ex4 file default

How do I change my .ex4 files from adobe default to unknown default. I mistakenly tried to
    open the .ex4 file and all of my .ex4 files now are defaulted to adobe.

:)

seaspirit, Jul 2, 2016

2. windows kb 4015217 update removes NAS access

Out of the blue, Windows 10 kb 4015217 update removes NAS access to my WD EX4. Access to this drive restored when 4015217 removed.

I started Windows way back with 3.1. Had every version, except Vista, but never seen this before.

What gives?

Old Guy

Michael Cartee, Jul 2, 2016
  3. 100% cpu usage windows 10

I had the exact same issue, with similar specs and my bios version was P2.XX for an ASRock EX4 MB.

Apparently, this issue is caused by not using the latest bios. The newest version is P3.10, which I didn't have, and when I installed it, all my problems went away. Lol! Always ensure you have the latest bios, even if you think you do.

Bigger_Bear, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

.ex4 file default

Hello seaspirit, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you could download and merge the .reg file below to unassociate .ex4 files for you.

Unassociate_ex4.reg

Brink, Jul 2, 2016
  5. seaspirit Win User
    What happens when I run the unassociated reg?
    Will the Description be Ex4 File and the Current Default be Unknown application?

seaspirit, Jul 2, 2016
  6. seaspirit Win User
    Thank you very much. I finally got brave enough to run the reg and it changed the ex4 back like it should have been.

seaspirit, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 6, 2016
  8. flash1214 Win User

.ex4 file default

Hi Brink,
    I know that this is an old Thread .............. but wanted to say thank you. Did the same oops with my EX4 files and this was the only place to find a fix that I could understand. Thank you again.

Michael

flash1214, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

.ex4 file default

1. .ex4 file default - Similar Threads - ex4 file default

2. default file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  3. default file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  4. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  5. Default File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default File Explorer: Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system? submitted by /u/Lackmey [link] [comments]...
  6. File Manager Defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Manager Defaults: How can I set the default "View" to "Details?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager-defaults/e1962b4c-ac64-443e-9005-94ccb6c9597a
  7. Default file openers??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default file openers??: Whenever I try to download something from sim file share it tries to open it in paint, but paint can't open the file so I can't download it. Does anyone know how I can change the default file opener to internet explorer or something that can actually open it?...
  8. Default Open Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Open Files: Is there a way to change the default open files for different programs running within Win 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-open-files/bf8f26aa-6858-4b3b-8cd8-8c8a95eb16ad"
  9. File Folder Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Folder Default: When I use File Explorer some pages show up as list, some as details, and some as thumbs. I would like File Folder to always show files as "list". Is there a way of doing this? Thanks in advance. 88713
  10. Default program files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default program files.: Hi, before starting I'd like to say thanks to any of you that try to help me, I really appreciate it! This said, my problem is the following. Some programs (e.g. EMDB) when opened will create a folder with the same name as the program itself in my Documents folder. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO SET DEFAULT EX4