Windows 10: ex470 series Media Smart Server help

Discus and support ex470 series Media Smart Server help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My server had to be retired because of many problems. I had stored many priceless photos and music files on the server. I found and purchased another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JesseVanderloop1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ex470 series Media Smart Server help

My server had to be retired because of many problems. I had stored many priceless photos and music files on the server. I found and purchased another ex470 in working order online. I put my 2gig ram card into the new chassis and installed my four drives from my old server. Server starts up every time. I can remote access the server as I always could, but I cannot install the windows connector on any PC. When I try the Server Recovery disc, I follow all instructions (have used the recovery disc before) but when trying to connect to the server the window showing progress just disappears with no other result. My login is still the same when I remote connect and when I do all functions seem as normal as ever. I am stumped. Can anyone come to my aid? Thank you in advance!

:)

JesseVanderloop1, Sep 10, 2019

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect HP Media Smart Server EX495 running Windows Home Server with a Windows 10 computer.

Upon checking the manufacturer's website, it appears that
    HP EX495 MediaSmart Server
    is only compatible till Windows XP. However, as you are getting the error that SMBv1 is not working, I suggest you to follow the steps in this article on

How to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows and Windows Server
    and check if it is helpful.

As the issue is related to Windows Home Server, if the issue still persists, I would suggest you post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows Home Server.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 10, 2019
  4. ex470 series Media Smart Server help

media servers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. Have you tried to manually disconnect the Media Servers from Windows Explorer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

We can try a few steps to manually disconnect the media servers from the list:

1. Press ‘Windows key + E’ on the keyboard to open ‘Windows Explorer.
    2. On the left hand side, click on ‘This PC’ to highlight.
    3. Select the ‘Media Server’.
    4. On top of the screen, on the ribbon, click on "Computer" tab.
    5. Click on ‘Access Media’ and then select the option ‘Disconnect from a media server’.

Further, request you to
    include a screenshot
    of that problem screen in your reply to guide you further.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

ex470 series Media Smart Server help

1. ex470 series Media Smart Server help - Similar Threads - ex470 series Media

2. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  3. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  4. Xbox Series X Smart Delivery

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Series X Smart Delivery: Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10...
  5. Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer: Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but: 1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1...
  6. Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...: Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but: 1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1...
  7. media servers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media servers: i have around 40 media servers showing, all are grayed out. How can I get rid of all these ghosts ? My media section on the netgear genie has been all unchecked and server name removed....
  8. Media Server

Media Server: Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found". I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed. The pc which is running Win 10 Home,...
  9. WD40EZRZ SMART Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD40EZRZ SMART Help: Just finished a 43-hour full NTFS format on this new drive and this is what I see in SMART: [img] The values greater than current and threshold have to be bad, right? This is what my 1003FZEX looks like: [img] And this looks to be what I ought to be seeing on the...
  10. Modern Smart TV's - do we need media servers any more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Smart TV's - do we need media servers any more: Hi there My new Panasonic TV connects just fine (both Wifi and Ethernet facilities are available in the TV) to the shared files (SAMBA) on my Linux Server and I can play multi-media files direct from the Media Player function on the TV with no problem (including most sub...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ex470 linux version

2. ex470 series Media Smart Server unable to connect